Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Correct lord nilbog.

Arx Key I mentioned specifically because it was an exception to the rule. Spell ports did not function (like it does here).

Admittedly I didn't bother with VP when I played on Mac, but a quote from those who did spend a decent amount of time there:

Quote:
- The Veeshan's Peak we have is version 1.0 - ie. a lot of the loot on alla's isnt accurate. Trash is level 60, nameds are 65 (32k hp dragons - although regen may be high)

- The VP Key does bind to your keyring when you use it. So if you die in there you can simply run back in.

- The ARX key is the only way known to port out of there, aside from stepping on the teleporter pads guarded by various named.

- Coh, summon corpse and lev all work in this zone

- Its considered an outdoors zone, yay mounts

- All mobs except for the nameds are paccable (yay!)

- The wyvern/wurm models, and dragon nameds are belly casters which can make paccing difficult (boo)
Keep in mind some of those things may seem off but are just due to level 65 (like Pacify working there / keyring / horses)
Old 01-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Okie dokie then!

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
- The wyvern/wurm models, and dragon nameds are belly casters which can make paccing difficult (boo)
guardian wurms are not currently belly casters. Open to research/disputes before next patch.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Actually... the one thing left that makes me question the whole works is, if EQMac had wyverns, either we're really wrong or EQMac is really wrong. My guess is the OP from the quote was really wrong.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually... the one thing left that makes me question the whole works is, if EQMac had wyverns, either we're really wrong or EQMac is really wrong. My guess is the OP from the quote was really wrong.
Yeah I wondered about that myself. If they didn't know what to call the guardian wurms.. which is hard to believe since it has wurm in its name, or if they were referring to drakes.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Well... it makes sense that wurms might be belly casters in VP, as they commonly share many dragon traits both inside and outside VP. I wouldn't think that any of the other trash mob models would be belly casters, it just doesn't follow. No evidence obviously [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Old 01-20-2014, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

I may be able to ask around. One dude farmed VP enough to fully PD Gear a level 1 wizard alt, another one farmed Xygoz for 30~ kills and still got no Rend Robe. Will start with them to see if they know much more than I posted.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Anecdotally I can confirm certain versions were belly casters. The Vox/Naggy Clones specifically IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Closed Thread