Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 08:25 AM
Banned

I would recommend going to KC and relearning how to charm properly because charming is the easiest solo path you will find.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Your issue with FD was that pathers won't auto clear aggro after a FD; you have to get lucky to blur then. Best bet when you FD off pathers is to make sure you only fd in relatively safe spots then /q and log back in to be sure aggro is cleared.

Static mobs, mobs that have a set span loc and stay there, will more frequently blur from a FD as long as you let them wander all the way back to their spawn point before getting up
Old 05-24-2017, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

If HS is too busy try giant fort in BW, stack dots and root rot, use pet to finish off the last 5%. Don't under any circumstance fear kite.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteJackson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for posting the video guide. I had read the wiki version, but seeing it helps so much.

Aaaand somehow, not sure how, I have never, ever used the spell Screaming Terror. That seems pretty handy. Can't figure out how I managed to overlook that, I guess I just assumed it was a regular fear spell.

Today I Learned.
It's a very common oversight, so don't feel bad. There's a lot involved in being able to maximize a necro's potential. The video is a solid guide. If you make it to HS send me a pm on here if you want. I'm retired these days, but I don't mind hammering over and helping you work on some stuff for a bit.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:47 PM
Orc

The advice here is much appreciated. I really could not understand how the aggro was working with FD. Howling Stones and City of Mist have been pretty hopping lately, so I have been tucking into less crowded spots.

The giant fort in Burning Wood was fun, super nostalgic. Brings back memories of playing in Warsliks Woods giant fort way back when. Skyfire Mountains was good also, super convenient placement-wise (from the Overthere hammer). Fear kiting and root rotting took a while per kill, and fire stuff doesn't work. But I got to kill dragons, which is always nice, and it provided pretty comparable XP-per-hour to Burning Wood.

Chromodracs...man. Fuck those guys. They are the real fist in the b-hole of the whole Skyfire experience. I am fiddling around with junk buffing and baiting the sons of bitches into spending their time dispelling me, but I can't seem to get them to behave consistently. I need to read up on NPCs, if they're abilities have cooldowns, or if they use mana, or what.

Karnor's is next to give a shot, but that place is so packed all the time, I'm not sure I'll be able to do anything except join a group. And joining groups is for classes that can't suck the juice out of their victims to fuel their spells, amirite?

Thanks for your advice and suggestions, really impressive community of gamers on here. Much appreciated.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Skyfire HAS to be the absolute worst zone in classic EQ from any standpoint.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Killing dragons is basically the point of any fantasy-themed game. I'm not sure what standard it's worst by, but by the "has dragons that I can kill" metric it beats the snot out of any other zone I can find.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think most are there for spell drops. Dragons have rediculous hp.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

In the north part of the zone there is tons of room to fearkite as long as Talendor doesn't spawn.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread