Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh God. No wonder the login took so long.

There are like 60 rogues online it looks like, even though that strawpoll of over 1000 people only had about 3% of people saying they'd be making rogues.

There's probably over 2000 people on Agnarr right now, with an hour+ of queue waiting to get in.
it late and I gotta sleeps, but I reading this as i getting ready for bed and these numbers just stand out to me. i jus can't believe the poll was so far off :c im sorry
Old 05-25-2017, 06:58 AM
Banned

Almost got to level 11 on my Necro before I got to tired to pass out. Best on the server is 18 or so. Mages are really good, but you want other classes too. Clerics and Necros are good.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:55 AM
Banned

yeah necros are FOTM right now
Old 05-25-2017, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it late and I gotta sleeps, but I reading this as i getting ready for bed and these numbers just stand out to me. i jus can't believe the poll was so far off :c im sorry
What poll was far off? I was using the results of that strawpoll to extrapolate the approximate population on agnarr since /who all count doesn't work.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:13 AM
Fire Giant

shits busy
Old 05-26-2017, 01:00 AM
Banned

Bonus exp and spawn event starting tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:37 AM
Fire Giant

Saw more people die on Agnarr yesterday in full groups than in my entire P99 career. P99 too easy.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah necros are FOTM right now
Read that as 'foaming at the mouth,'

You should feel bad.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saw more people die on Agnarr yesterday in full groups than in my entire P99 career. P99 too easy.
Lol. I had like 3 deaths in blackburrow on a bard. 2 we're cause I had a melody including my aoe going as the plague rat that's level 14 or so on the top floor wandered past my little level 5 self. Once to a horrifying train.

Of course, it's not that p99 itself is too easy. It's just that p99 isn't brand new. If you took a group of naked players around on p99, you'd get your ass stomped here too ... and then you'd need to CR naked instead of geared.

No weight coins, cash shop 40-slot WR bags and xp pots, crazy group xp bonuses, spell damages scaled up (fucking wizards nuke for 15 with their level 1 spell for 8 mana), 16 bank slots, shared slots and plat slot, buying Kronos to use as currency instead of plat, etc.

No doubt about it, Agnarr is easier and pretty pay to win (fuck the retards who think that being able to buy Kronos to use to buy ingame gear isn't pay to win). Hell, true box is pretty p2w too; the more hundreds you spend on computers and subs, the more you can play without bothering with real groups and the more you'll be able to out-of-group assist guildies and alts and shit for the rest of the servers life. (This is my biggest concern I think... how boxes will make the game less fun in only a few weeks as nearly no group will be playing without oog mage dps and chanter/sham/druid buffs ... and eventually even bards with their aoe songs and shiz.)

But starting fresh on a crowded server is fun despite all that.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 05-26-2017 at 07:26 AM..
Old 05-26-2017, 08:09 AM
Planar Protector

Cause really, how different is it if you're on p99 where most groups have significant twinkage or even a fungi or two... or if you're on agnarr a month from now and most groups have a 50 druid buffing or a 50 monk/necro/mage doing out of group?

Worse on agnarr probably. Because there you've got all the other crap making it easier too. And the boxing means easier ports, much faster grinding up of alt armies for rez/coth/summon/etc alts, etc.

Agnarr will feel more like present-day p99 than p99 does by the time they have kunark.
Closed Thread