Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think this is a good idea?
Yes 61 54.46%
No, I like 3x more zones than players 51 45.54%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Default How to save red

I know how to save Red. Allow characters to be copied from blue to red, so the character can still be played on BLUE.

this could breathe much needed life into Red, and make the server an option again.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Skeleton

That's an option, yeah.

My personal opinion is that to save red we gotta have Deity or Race PvP.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

I'd be fine with that if they copy over naked. Don't need a bunch of blue neckbeards running around nearly immortal.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be fine with that if they copy over naked. Don't need a bunch of blue neckbeards running around nearly immortal.
maybe melee classes can keep weapons and chest slot? items are a rather trivial matter in the grand scheme of things anyway, so I dont really care.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

make it classic only with rallos ruleset

classic alot more fun for pvp anyway
Old 02-25-2017, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pvp servers had NO staff involvement on live and were fine.
You obviously never played on a pvp server on live.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Red has had several chances for population expansion. At one point a server staff member was advocating that people try it on the General board whole heartedly while forbidding blue players from doing the same on the pvp board. That aside, the campaign effort was made to get people to try it and...

Many people just didn't like it. EQ is not a game created from the ground up with PvP as its intent and it shows. More than that, the red community wasn't on the same page with the staff member in getting people to try it. Some players made very generous offers of cheap or free gear and resistance jewelry, while many many more players just griefed the new players logging in.

I think the single most important step in getting people to try Red would be authentic testimonials of someone having a GOOD experience on the server from a character's start to the middle level ranges. People met, places hunted, and yes, PvP fights that went well or went poorly but were fun. I've seen very little effort with this topic, and it's hard for a new player to see that it could be a fun place if there's very little evidence to show them that it can be a fun experience.

Also, the PvP forum boards being a cesspool of human depravity doesn't help the server's case at all.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:26 PM
Banned

The only way to save RED is to make PvP consensual.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Top-end red players have more pixels than top-end blue players due to the low pop aka 'less mouths to feed'.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:51 PM
Sarnak

i don't think gear would help the 99% of blue players that have no idea about pvp mechanics

that said, the red server is beyond saving and needs to be taken out back
Closed Thread