Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Default Blue players - would you try a Teams PVP p99 shard?

If they launched a fresh server with a ruleset like this, would you play it?

RP PVP Server (Similar to Sullon Zek)

-No level limit on PvP, but safe zones in starter areas and capital cities where you have non-KOS faction
-Coin loot only, and only to players within a level range of +4/-4
-3 Factions, no communication, grouping, buffing, or trading allowed between the three.

Blue team: High Elves, Dwarves, Wood Elves, Marr Barbarians [No Shadowknights or Necromancers]
Orange team: Erudin erudites, gnomes, halflings, Zek Barbarians [No Shadowknights]
Red team: Dark Elves, Ogres, Trolls, Iksar, Paineel Erudites [No Paladins, Druids or Rangers]

Humans and half elves would be split among the 3 teams, depending on which god they worship.

Innoruuk, CT, Bertoxx followers would be on red team, while Tunare/Marr/Quellious would be on blue, etc. Barbarians would be split between good and neutral, depending on their deity.
Last edited by Dulu; 05-22-2017 at 05:07 PM..
Old 05-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Orc

I'd definitely be for this!
Old 05-22-2017, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Half elf warrior of Innoruuk.

I always play new servers. That new server smell is intoxicating!

Not sure how long I'd stick with it though.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:47 PM
Kobold

I'd at least roll on a Team PvP server, not sure if I'd stick around, but its a much more fun concept than FFA PvP

There still needs to be a limit of some form on PvP though, no level limit at all would cause MAJOR problems in just 1-2 weeks time.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd at least roll on a Team PvP server, not sure if I'd stick around, but its a much more fun concept than FFA PvP

There still needs to be a limit of some form on PvP though, no level limit at all would cause MAJOR problems in just 1-2 weeks time.
Sadly, history has shown us that level limits create more problems than they solve.

You have to deal with level 1 spies in high level areas, "out of range" clerics healing PvP fights while no one can touch them, etc.

We could make every starting area and every capital city a sanctuary (No PVP) though to compensate.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Kobold

No. I hate EQ pvp
Old 05-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sadly, history has shown us that level limits create more problems than they solve.

You have to deal with level 1 spies in high level areas, "out of range" clerics healing PvP fights while no one can touch them, etc.

We could make every starting area and every capital city a sanctuary (No PVP) though to compensate.
Dulu I completely agree with you. I think you would have to have pvp open to all level ranges but can only loot coin from someone within a 5 level range, so you don't have high levels killing low levels and taking all their coin. If you had XP loss in pvp it would only be from someone within that 5 level range as well.

Also, if this was to be more like Sullon Zek would these teams be deity based? So you could technically have difference races on different teams based on the deity they chose?

Another thought, since red99 doesn't have the largest population it might make more sense to have teams be just 2 teams, evil and good. Otherwise you could be spreading the teams out too thin if not enough people play on it.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dulu I completely agree with you. I think you would have to have pvp open to all level ranges but can only loot coin from someone within a 5 level range, so you don't have high levels killing low levels and taking all their coin. If you had XP loss in pvp it would only be from someone within that 5 level range as well.

Also, if this was to be more like Sullon Zek would these teams be deity based? So you could technically have difference races on different teams based on the deity they chose?

Another thought, since red99 doesn't have the largest population it might make more sense to have teams be just 2 teams, evil and good. Otherwise you could be spreading the teams out too thin if not enough people play on it.

I'd say no XP loss in PvP. You don't want to discourage combat at all. Dying and losing your camp/coin is harsh enough.

And yes, coin loss only to players within a certain range is perfect.

I don't want to copy the exact system from Sullon - I think if we base it primarily on races, it will be easier for players to figure out which faction they will be on. For example, on Sullon, you could pick a Barbarian of Rallos Zek, and you'd be evil. Well, that's not going to be obvious to everyone who isn't a lore nerd. I want it to be very clear when you select your character, which faction you will be on.

And the benefit to having a 3rd faction is sort of a self-police force. If one faction becomes too strong, for example, the Red team becomes too strong, and is taking all of the content, then the blue and orange team can work together to overthrow them.
Last edited by Dulu; 05-22-2017 at 05:03 PM..
Old 05-22-2017, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

I enjoyed SZ. I would try a teams PVP server if it began here.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Another interesting idea is to allow the looting of non-reagent gems.

Things like rubies and diamonds etc, in addition to coin.

This way, people out farming sea-furies are prime targets! Carrying all that phat lewt.
Closed Thread