Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 03:36 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it is important to remember that when a puller suggests they need a buff, they might not expect it immediately. There is such a thing as letting you know in advance!

When I need to buff a puller, I will wait until I can guarantee they are in camp for a while (e.g. the camp is full of CCd mobs so they don't need to grab more).

From their perspective: one of the worst things you can do to a puller is land a buff or heal on them while they are out of camp and get aggro on a mis-pull they are trying to manage and you end up bringing it all into the camp at once (this is especially bad if you are the only healer or cc)!

Just as buffers are under pressure to keep up their job, so are pullers. Many groups will expect there to be at least one mob in the camp at all time (because the melee/pet dps are also under pressure to keep up their job).

I mean, really it is about efficiency, team work and communication. Not really about bullying and finger pointing, even if it may feel like that under pressure.

The other thing is, if they ask for a heal and then run off without it, you have to make the assumption that they made the judgement call that they will be okay for this pull without a heal. In the majority of situations, I strongly advise against leaving the camp to heal a puller as it is much easier to recover a dead puller than the cleric or even an entire group.

If they asked for a heal a while ago and still haven't got one, well then I guess they got impatient, which is understandable as we are all human.
I agree with your post. Your edit though highlights a situation that never happened. I always heal when the puller is having issues, especially FD pullers. It's still a good piece of information though, even though it's based on the assumption of another.

I merely highlighted easy concepts to understand for both healers and the rest of the group. It's not hard to understand etiquette and lashing out against me because I said you should have some isn't going to solve anything. Although I do appreciate the attempts to close the case on me as if I did something wrong.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfenger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although I do appreciate the attempts to close the case on me as if I did something wrong.
Your post and your attitude tell me this should have been posted in RnF.

I levelled up my shaman as the only healer, slower, CC in 99% of my groups. If people asked for buffs I didn't feel they needed I would tell them no. If they were out of range I'd move or buff them when they came back. If people had a problem with this they could leave the group (no one ever did though...)

I have seen people "bullied" and/or kicked from groups. It was always a unanimous decision to kick and always after 20+ minutes of explaining in group chat what they were doing wrong. If you're getting "bullied" it might be warranted. Alternatively, you could just group with jerks.... Based on your posts I can only imagine you're super fun to have in a group!
Old 05-24-2017, 06:46 AM
Banned

Most peeps 2 lazy 2 play priest classes.

I.e roll rogues and demand buffs while out putting shitty semi afk dps.

Once you play a priest class you understand the frustrations of playing them.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:20 AM
Kobold

I just buff them with Courage until they notice. Then apologize and buff them with Center.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I levelled up my shaman as the only healer, slower, CC in 99% of my groups. If people asked for buffs I didn't feel they needed I would tell them no. If they were out of range I'd move or buff them when they came back. If people had a problem with this they could leave the group (no one ever did though...)

I have seen people "bullied" and/or kicked from groups. It was always a unanimous decision to kick and always after 20+ minutes of explaining in group chat what they were doing wrong. If you're getting "bullied" it might be warranted. Alternatively, you could just group with jerks.... Based on your posts I can only imagine you're super fun to have in a group!
Attacks on my character and expecting me to shut up when I'm told doesn't work on me. Sorry. Maybe you should work on not feeling so insignificant when you feel like someone might be better than you. It's okay bro. Feels all around.

Also, I did not turn this into a RnF post. The angry mob did. Must be really hurting your feelings that I'm not intimidated.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifebar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just buff them with Courage until they notice. Then apologize and buff them with Center.
Haha! Good one!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfenger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say that at all. In fact you made up that statement from nothing.
Quote:
I think you like to tell yourself you're a good person, but it's really not true at all. I reject your post and your attempt at "agreeing with me" for the sake of me agreeing with you.
Wow, pot calling the kettle black much? There was nothing in my post about "agreeing with you" for the sake of you agreeing with me, or about being a good person, let alone me telling myself that I was one.

On the contrary, my advice had absolutely nothing to do with being good to anyone: it was 100% applicable to a completely selfish/self-centered healer.

What you seem to have a hard time grasping is that satisfying your immediate desire for gratification can make it harder to benefit yourself (your selfish self) in the long term. When you act like an asshole to someone in the game, deserved or not (that's completely irrelevant) you feel good for 5 seconds. "Yeah, I told the puller off, what a jerk he was!"

... and then you get kicked out of the group. Then maybe in the future you'll be looking for a group and not get an invite because the group includes that same puller, or maybe one of their alts you've never met, or maybe someone else from the group that kicked you. So you got to satisfy your immediate need for gratification, but you screwed yourself out of the experience you would have got from staying in the group, and potentially you've screwed yourself out of XP you never even knew you could have gotten. And that doesn't even address other negative side effects, like that the people you piss off might charge you more in the EC Tunnel, or vote against your future guild application.

OR you can hold your tongue, speak respectfully to everyone whether or not they deserve it, and stay in the group. You get to keep getting XP, and as for the future ... well I've certainly never heard anyone say "that guy was really nice to an asshole: let's not invite him because of it".

Again, none of this has anything to with being a "good person". In fact, most people would describe what I'm talking about as being "two-faced", not good. But if you still can't grasp the concept that acting like a jerk hurts you (and no one else) in the long run, then by all means keep acting the same.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-24-2017 at 09:05 PM..
Old 05-24-2017, 10:15 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, pot calling the kettle black much? There was nothing in my post about "agreeing with you" for the sake of you agreeing with me, or about being a good person, let alone me telling myself that I was one.

On the contrary, my advice had absolutely nothing to do with being good to anyone: it was 100% applicable to a completely selfish/self-centered healer.

What you seem to have a hard time grasping is that satisfying your immediate desire for gratification can make it harder to benefit yourself (your selfish self) in the long term. When you act like an asshole to someone in the game, deserved or not (that's completely irrelevant) you feel good for 5 seconds. "Yeah, I told the puller off, what a jerk he was!"

... and then you get kicked out of the group. Then maybe in the future you'll be looking for a group and not get an invite because the group includes that same puller, or maybe one of their alts you've never met, or maybe someone else from the group that kicked you. So you got to satisfy your immediate need for gratification, but you screwed yourself out of the experience you would have got from staying in the group, and potentially you've screwed yourself out of XP you never even knew you could have gotten. And that doesn't even address other negative side effects, like that the people you piss off might charge you more in the EC Tunnel, or vote against your future guild application.

OR you can hold your tongue, speak respectfully to everyone whether or not they deserve it, and stay in the group. You get to keep getting XP, and as for the future ... well I've certainly never heard anyone say "that guy was really nice to an asshole: let's not invite him because of it".

Again, none of this has anything to with being a "good person". In fact, most people would describe what I'm talking about as being "two-faced", not good. But if you still can't grasp the concept that acting like a jerk hurts you (and no one else) in the long run, then by all means keep acting the same.
I've grown accustomed to your posts being long and pointless. TLDR; sorry.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Rofl OP really comes off as a Grade-A douche canoe.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-25-2017, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

No wonder this guy gets told off in groups... His salty attitude lol. Did your parents not love you enough or something?
Closed Thread