Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Banned

This game is going to fail hard. They barely put any effort into the game name. Rise of the Fallen? Seriously?
Old 01-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Kobold

Will there be racial innates? Will everyone who wants to be a tank be making theirs ogre? Will we see enraged discussions on which race and stats to pick upon character creation?

As an ex-zerker-main on live...please don't fuck them up like soe has done.

Please don't fuck up fun mechanics like fd pulling, chaining pets, etc.

Oh yea and don't forget about how much Complete Heal pigeonholed soe on content!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceythos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad you brought up Eq2 in this example. We've already discussed that as a team as one of our concerns, we don't want it to take on that implementation in Pantheon. If I had to cite an example though, FFXI's skillchain system would be a better one for what we want to do.
I think I loved classic EQ and FFXI equally, to be honest, but melee in EQ was a tad dull. Skillchains(and magic bursts) were a major draw for me in FFXI, so if you are telling me that you are essentially adding skillchains to everquest... omgwtfbbq.

Also glad to hear about the other Everquestian mechanics like corpse runs, death penalties and factions having a point beyond pvp, but the skillchain comparison was definitely unexpected.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This game is going to fail hard. They barely put any effort into the game name. Rise of the Fallen? Seriously?
Yeah there was a lot of effort put into the name EverQuest. Pretend to care about something worth bitching about
Old 01-29-2014, 06:24 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceythos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also if it's *too* harsh, it could lead to discouraging exploration.
I don't see this as a bad thing. EQ made you pay, dearly, for being curious. The punishment should be as severe and rewarding.

Hill giants in WC, Sand Giants in NRo/Oasis.
Lord Shinree.
Gryphons in EC.
Babinsbort in Befallen.
Kithicor Forest at night.
Kizdean Gix

Make the game feel like it is actively out to 'get' the player. Adversarial confrontation with a AI. Example: You got killed by a HG in WC while camping dervs, and then on your CR you get gaffled by a gryphon in EC so you hug the wall on your 3rd trip only to aggro the god awful rare spawn of Lord Shinree and take another face plant. It 'feels' like the game is out to get you.

Getting curb stomped by something 20 levels above you for example, should be less punishing than getting taken out by 'appropriate' encounters. Also, corpse retrieval, it needs to be there.

The sense of urgency of rez and rot timers were awesome. The guild I was in rescued a pickup raid that Nilbog was apart of on EMarr from Fear. It was at the 23rd hour for some of those folks, so corpse rot was staring them in the face and, what they had killed had repopped already. The sense of urgency & excitement we felt jumping in with 12 to break Fear I think during Kunark was astounding. I still get stoked when I think about it.

That feeling was created by a difficult zone and a sense of urgency. Clearing TOV was nothing compared to that Fear rescue. AOW wasn't even there. Me yelling "dick in yo ass bitch" in the middle of LOIO and getting reported after finally downing Xenovorash after several failed tries because of bugs was REALLY close 2nd however. But, that is associated with the game being 'out to get you' scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Hopefully he learned from Vanguard to have viable end game content in at release. Game was very solid just no staying power.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Hey gang,

I'm Ceythos, one of the designers on Pantheon. I just wanted to drop in and say hello and thank you everyone for the discussion and support so far!

-Ceythos
Thank you very much for taking the time and coming to these boards as well as having your representatives do interviews here on P99.

I have pledged $250, hopefully we can get this going [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Last edited by Kope; 01-29-2014 at 06:51 PM..
Old 01-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Aviak

Backed at $55. Wish I had more to give, but it seems like a copy of the game (w/ 30 days, access to Beta, name reservations, and access to the forums is the best value at $55 if you can't afford the $250.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

My girl and I are having our 10 year anniversary Feb 21st. She said I can have whatever I want up to $200.... Considering just using it all on the kickstarter..

Should I do it?
Old 01-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Aviak

If you can't spend the whole $250 for the 1 year membership with lifetime $1 renewals, the best option is the $55 one. IMO.
Closed Thread