Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Orc

Default Which Shaman buffs to whom in a group?

I would like to get some advice on how to buff when grouping with a shaman. I haven't been able to find specifics in any of the "guides" relative to 1999 so far (I've probably missed some posts, but if there is info. relating to this it certainly seems very limited). I do understand the basics of stats, but the details are what i need. I would like to know which buffs work best for the different classes in my group and some insight as to more common various situations (numbers, combos, etc.). Specific spell labels aren't so important, except for as an example, as I can do that breakdown in relation to my limited understanding of overall stats. If someone could just lay out their detailed style/pattern when grouping with a shaman, especially when it comes to buffing in general, that would be way more than I've read thus far. I would like to have a good starting base knowledge so that experience learning will be more efficient and less painful for myself and my group.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Orc

Just ask them, they will usually let you know what they want.

That being said a very basic list:

Everyone gets Stam

Melee: Tali, Strength, Dex
Casters: Really dont need much other then stam, occasionally will use Cha on an enchanter. Necros like Regen.

Bards: Charisma is good on bards

Some tanks want Agility but its kind of random and I'm not overly convinced it plays all that big of a roll to begin with.

Really they will tell you what they want. But this should serve as the basis of any group.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Dex only helps with procs, so pretty much just Warriors and SKs/Paladins if they have their epic.

Ogres can usually max their str without a buff, so ask. Especially Ogre Warriors with their self buff.

Agility does nearly nothing, so don't cast it.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Breakdown of classes that I buff and with what:

Bard: Dex, sta, STR, talisman, cha

Paladin/sk/War: sta, STR, talisman, regen (only if tanking), Dex if weps proc, clicks agi if they ask nicely.

Casters: stamina, talisman if they ask. Regen for Necros always. Charisma for enc if they don't have most recent cha buff.

Rog/rng/mnk: sta, STR, Dex if proc, talisman, regen if tanking.

Druid/cleric: sta, talisman.

Shm: DIY you bum.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Orc

Thanks so much for the input guys . . . it makes so much difference for me!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

I prefer to cast agility on monks for their defensive skills. Especially in a duo. Tali/stam sometimes regen on changer if he gets beat a lot which tends to happen most of the time.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Breakdown of classes that I buff and with what:

Bard: Dex, sta, STR, talisman, cha

Paladin/sk/War: sta, STR, talisman, regen (only if tanking), Dex if weps proc, clicks agi if they ask nicely.

Casters: stamina, talisman if they ask. Regen for Necros always. Charisma for enc if they don't have most recent cha buff.

Rog/rng/mnk: sta, STR, Dex if proc, talisman, regen if tanking.

Druid/cleric: sta, talisman.

Shm: DIY you bum.
This pretty much sums it up. One thing that I would do differently is give all casters a clicky dex buff (Jaundiced Gloves) because it costs zero mana and supposedly affects spell interrupt chances when a mob is pounding them.

Clickies. The strength, dexterity, and agility clickies are all fairly cheap and easy to acquire. These will make every caster and lowbie your best friend.

Resist/Endure Magic is also pretty crucial for pullers and MTs when dealing with casting mobs. A buff dispelled is mana that could be going towards DPS or healing

Also, do not forget about haste if you are lacking an enchanter. Give it to all melees and then pets if you have the mana to spare, except where the pet owner has a better pet haste buff.

Ah and almost forgot to mention that you should try keeping a timer up for buffs like haste and regen. Rebuffs at the proper time make for more efficient use of your mana and keeps those pesky rangers from ninja AFKing all night. I recommend using a web site like www.online-stopwatch.com for a timer.

Good luck and happy buffin!

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Last edited by Ingrum; 04-21-2014 at 11:14 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

GamTextTriggers is also a useful timer
Old 04-21-2014, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thieros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GamTextTriggers is also a useful timer
I was hoping someone would have a better suggestion like that! Thanks, going to give it a try tonight.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Closed Thread