Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

FYI, when someone puts something in the trade window, it gives you a link in your chat screen to what it is...This way is a little bit faster then manually checking said item.
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 07-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course he can just start doing it again with a different character.
Unless he were caught and banned simply avoiding this character alone wouldn't solve the problem.
Either way..

RIGHT before you click trade, double check that item in the trade Window. Unsure, check it again.

Just do a 'once over' on all things before you click trade, if that window closes for whatever reason - check it all again.

Then - immediately after, check your inventory.

Be paranoid - like me, I'll make sure the top left spot is open, so I know where that item will go. I'm a bit paranoid on bigger item trades.

I have yet to be scammed hard, and wanna keep it that way. But I'm hesitant on buying/selling anyway. If it's a big $$$ item, then I'll usually pass on buying unless it's someone I've seen around or in trade a decent amount and if you are too low level - forget it.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Aviak

If you ever want to do an efreeti group and want mage DPS or rogue DPS /tell Bukowski or Cirrhosis ! I'll help.

Esp. if my lover Abraham is there.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Banned

It's very possible, either through a bug or through intentional manipulation, to 100% have the item you want to trade for inside of the trade window, hitting trade, and losing your trade and not receiving their's.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Fire Giant

Known bug...

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2647

Of course, its still possible you got scammed too.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Skeleton

Thank you so much everyone for your support, people really do care. I haven't gotten any feedback from any developers yet, but I did learn not to buy big ticket items from shady people name Draqnier. Thanks Abraham for the offer, I will take you up on that soon man. The good people on this server out weight the trolls by far.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Large Rat

always good to verify the item in the trade window, I remember kunark and people buying many a 'large tan shirt' or whatever it was, as a fungi.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Skeleton

I verified the item. I don't think there is another pair of boots with the same icon, and I didn't receive anything when I pushed trade just lost the platinum.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Kobold

So he told you he still had the boots? What a class act. Deserves to have his mass horde of plat, items distributed to the newbs and his character erased. Don't ban him - let him come back, start doing his shady dealings and rinse/repeat his character deletion. *shrug*
Old 07-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryhole [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So he told you he still had the boots? What a class act. Deserves to have his mass horde of plat, items distributed to the newbs and his character erased. Don't ban him - let him come back, start doing his shady dealings and rinse/repeat his character deletion. *shrug*
Most of the server has known he is a giant cum sickle since he started playing. His parents should've had the abortion.
Closed Thread