Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 02:00 AM
Kobold

Default character names

Well i'm been playing on 1999 server for about a month now, and i'm baffled at the character names i see all over the server. I know there isn't a name filter when making a character and gm's dont do anything when seeing almost any name characters have. but if we want this to be classic (and a little more civilized) if there were some standards on what your character name could be.
I mean who wants to group with "ipoopalot" or "Twink" or any # of names that would never have passed on a live server.
I'm ranting alittle but would like to know what others think about this.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
gm's dont do anything when seeing almost any name characters have.
You are quite wrong with that statement. I changed many ... many names already. I can not be everywhere. I also need to rely on the population to report abusive names via /petition.

I am quite behind this name issue.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:11 AM
Banned

You're absolutely right, there's not a single wood elf ranger online right now named Legolias, Laegolas, Legolass, or any variation thereof. That is entirely unacceptable.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

You broke my heart when you changed my name Cyrius =(

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 05-25-2010, 02:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are quite wrong with that statement. I changed many ... many names already. I can not be everywhere. I also need to rely on the population to report abusive names via /petition.

I am quite behind this name issue.
its not sure abusive names its just names that aren't names like "imightheal" for example it not something that would offend anyone but it really isn't a name and i don't think it should be , but that might just be me. I want to see really names i mean you can be quite inventive with your name but don't make it an object or a sentence or mean something totally inaproperate, i know even in the real world we got people naming their kids things like flower, apple, and crap like that but his is a fantasy world game and we should have "taxi" or "Smoke", "hits", "glitch", "fatboy", "President" ..... and so on and so on.

PS: I just did a who all an picked random names, no offense to anyone
Old 05-25-2010, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

I kind of agree on those names =/ i would preffer roleplay names too ...
Old 05-25-2010, 03:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienorg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not sure abusive names its just names that aren't names like "imightheal" for example it not something that would offend anyone but it really isn't a name and i don't think it should be , but that might just be me. I want to see really names i mean you can be quite inventive with your name but don't make it an object or a sentence or mean something totally inaproperate, i know even in the real world we got people naming their kids things like flower, apple, and crap like that but his is a fantasy world game and we should have "taxi" or "Smoke", "hits", "glitch", "fatboy", "President" ..... and so on and so on.

PS: I just did a who all an picked random names, no offense to anyone
thank god we have you to tell us whether our names are suitable or not

not everyone wants to use a name that sounds like a tolkein character, and frankly i dont think preserving your immersion should be anybody else's problem.

Sure if theyve got an offensive name by all means nerf it but just cause you can find it in the dictionary doesnt mean we shouldnt be allowed to use it as a name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kind of agree on those names =/ i would preffer roleplay names too ...
I bet you do, randomly_generated_fantasy_name_01
Old 05-25-2010, 03:47 AM
Skeleton

Having a randomly_generated_fantasy_name_01 isn't the issue here, it's people having a distinct lack of imagination by using names such as:

Kellycurtis
Maxitaxi
Miragul
Metatron
Grenade
Kickass
Misterbob
Hotpockets

and so on

(as original poster, I just did a random /w all)
Old 05-25-2010, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I bet you do, randomly_generated_fantasy_name_01
Lol, i wonder why you try to pick a fight with me in every thread, when you know you will always loose to my superior intellect.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, i wonder why you try to pick a fight with me in every thread, when you know you will always loose to my superior intellect.
Quoting before you edit. Classic. :P
Closed Thread