Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Default is there a server just like P99 but allows bots?

Tried the Hidden Forest and leveling was too fast although it was fun for a while.

P99 is my favorite server thus far but every 10 min I kick the dog b/c I wish I had a bot warrior for my newb Cleric...

Is there a classic server where bots are allowed? Not into uber loots or modified content, just want the ol' EQ standard where I can tell a bot to pull for me is all
Old 06-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Most of the other emu servers do not have a rule against multi-boxing if that's what you are referring to.

Just keep in mind that on most of these servers, a good chunk of the population you will see are boxed toons.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

whats the deal with hidden forest, out of interest?
Old 06-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

bots? actual "bots" peq used to, but stopped like a year or two ago. You know, heal/buff bots etc. I don't know of any that do now, apart from multi-box play, but those are not "bots". If you are speaking of like mercs, no.
Last edited by Daywolf; 06-13-2011 at 06:32 PM..
Old 06-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bots? actual "bots" peq used to, but stopped like a year or so ago. You know, heal/buff bots etc. I don't know of any that do now, apart from multi-box play, but those are not "bots".
I think he's referring to "mercs"
bots were on emu before mercs hit live

and to OP, no i dont think you will find polished classic content with bots.
theres a ton of custom content servers with bots tho, only down side to that is..
the custom content runs smooth, anything outside those boundries (old world) doesnt
mob placements/quests/itemization etc, sometimes just isnt there
Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenJen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats the deal with hidden forest, out of interest?
Hidden Forest was amazing fun the first week for me and family. You have original content and quests, and very fast exp... you have epics by level 8 and then the novelty wore off on me. What I loved about it was that you could type #bot create and make your own "merc" and have a leveling partner. I loved that.

But I missed being immersed...immersion is kinda taken away by the "Grove" which is like PoK where you have a gate to any zone you want and can clicky back to it anytime you want. So... lets say you make an Ogre, you don't have to walk to Freeport for whatever... you're a click away basically.

Unrest was revamped and half the reason I wanted to make a comeback in the first place was that I never leveled there in my 20s when i had a chance a long time ago, so I wanted to do it in 2011. So I came right back to Project 1999 because it brings back memories.

I wanted to know if there was a classic server with bots because most of the time I play, I'm afk doing stuff around the house. So really I'm a wizard when I play at P99... but I'd rather be playing a warrior and/or cleric.

So anyway, I guess I'll try a few more out and see if theres anything close. Will always want to play at P99 of course because bots aren't classic and the masochist in me wants the pain.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

THF is more of raid oriented server - hence trip to lev 70 is relatively quick - all the good and interesting staff begins in raid tiers, which now go up to 7, and take between year and a year and a half to beat, if you just starting out.

The only exception to this is Alternative Progression path - which features story driven and quest intense content, and takes a couple weeks to complete
Old 06-14-2011, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

I was wondering about all these other servers I see. Like what is the PEQ server?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

PEQ is the primary Emu developer and play server - it runs on the latest emu code and its goal to collect all possible up to date EQ data there is on all the latest expansions.

for other servers
http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverlist

click on VIEW to read server discription
Old 06-14-2011, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the info Kika. I wish there was a P1999 that went through PoP. A few of those servers have more expansions, but the populations are terrible.
Closed Thread