Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 02:42 AM
Large Rat

Unhappy Unfair Suspension

Today in Blackburrow me and a friend of mine were fighting tons of gnolls for fangs. Until today I didnt understand what pathing was but i understand it now and im sorry for breaking the rules..I honestly thought that the ledge we were using for pathing was left the way it was to be more like the original EQ.

Thaid had been pathing alongside us for awhile(not in our group) and only after he didnt get the kill on a gnoll commander that we were fighting did type in "Say" that he was going to petition. I asked him why and he remained silent, so i continued fighting gnolls. After awhile Amelinda showed up and told us we were breaking the rules, and that she was going to suspend our accounts for a week. Me and my friend tried to talk to her and tell her that we didnt know we were breaking the rules and what happened with us and thaid, but she swiftly replied with "Doesnt matter, these people told you it was an exploit."

I wasnt gonna flame, but after this incident my friend who ive worked SO HARD to get him into EQ is pretty much completely done with it, Along with six other players who i've informed of what took place. We dont wanna play a game that were gonna get "suspended" for a week from for doing something we ABSOLUTELY didnt know was wrong. I love EQ! But i'd rather they'd just ban us and be done with it, it'd feel less like im a child being given a time out. Nilbog talked about "players spreading lies and rumors and scaring away new players", THIS IS NOT A LIE. I also had three other people that were interested in trying EQ until this happened. GM staff is scaring away new players, not us. I would LOVE to see as many people playing p99 as possible but i will not recommend a server where the GM's wont investigate a matter whatsoever.

Oh also, I had my friend check this on his account. Thaid who KNEW that ledge was an exploit, was using the same exploit as us and only reported us because he wasnt strong enough to steal our kills, is still playing in blackburrow and is not suspended.

I'd like our suspensions removed(Bowgun, Bottles, Antonious). If they are taken away, me and my friends will continue to play on p99. I will also continue to recommend project 1999 to my friends.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

Dude. Take the suspension and come back in a week. They aren't going to start making exceptions now, for you.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Sarnak

this forum isnt really for talking about eq plz do that somewhere else
Old 02-27-2012, 02:54 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude. Take the suspension and come back in a week. They aren't going to start making exceptions now, for you.
if they dont, im done. And so is the group i play with. Its not right to suspend people for something they didnt know was wrong, and let the guilty one just play and go unpunished.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:58 AM
Banned

your name is so retarded i'd permaban you tbh
Old 02-27-2012, 03:11 AM
Kobold

You do realize that everyone claims ignorance. Ignorance is no excuse, using game mechanics to remove the risk of an encounter has, and always will be, an exploit; i.e. if you can path in such a way that you remove all chance of the gnoll getting to you you are exploiting.

Also, high end issues are far more complex than this one. Look at it this way, no one is going to be an exception to the rule anymore (this is a good thing).

Live-
Icelf Crystalfrost - 65 Iksar Beastlord (Saryrn)
Icelf Crystalfrost - 51 Human Ranger (Bertox)
Old 02-27-2012, 03:16 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman8810 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize that everyone claims ignorance. Ignorance is no excuse, using game mechanics to remove the risk of an encounter has, and always will be, an exploit; i.e. if you can path in such a way that you remove all chance of the gnoll getting to you you are exploiting.

Also, high end issues are far more complex than this one. Look at it this way, no one is going to be an exception to the rule anymore (this is a good thing).
I totally agree with you that every claims ignorance! but why not let them off with a warning first and then suspending them or banning them? why not check things out more before being so quick to suspend? seems like such a harsh thing to me when you dont know for sure if the accused is guilty or not.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Fire Giant

you did something wrong you got punished for it, if you didnt do it on purpose then just take it as a lesson learned. end of story 1 week is not that bad, not trolling u just saying....its not a bad server its not a bad game and amelinda doing whatever she can to keep the cheaters out *not saying u are*
Old 02-27-2012, 04:01 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you did something wrong you got punished for it, if you didnt do it on purpose then just take it as a lesson learned. end of story 1 week is not that bad, not trolling u just saying....its not a bad server its not a bad game and amelinda doing whatever she can to keep the cheaters out *not saying u are*
I know... I was willing to let it go before, but its just such an extreme punishment that she came to so quickly that my friend is almost completely uninteresting in playing eq again. and him playing was like 75% the reason im playing eq. and so on for the rest of my friends playing everquest.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2012, 04:02 AM
Kobold

Threads like this only work if you're fighting raid mobs. Try again in 50 levels.
Closed Thread