Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
it's not a prediction - i can guarantee that castle's group is going to fall apart shortly after release.
That's right because people can't duo or trio for exp... wait this is EQ, right?

Looking for people who want to put in some time so there will always be 2-3+ on which is plenty for a group for exp. If you're going to start with a base group of 6, might as well make it ideal. Obviously expecting all 6 to be on at once whenever they play is stupid. This is why we plan to expand; if you saw the thread I linked you'd know this, brah.

By the time we get up in 30s is when we will recruit more. It'll most likely be a natural progression with people we meet as we level. 6 is not a permanent solution at all, but you gotta start with a foundation and a group that can group well in pairs or 3s as well. My madmathskillz tell me there are 14 combinations of 2 that can be made from these 6. Only 3 of them kinda suck. If I am playing pretty often, with my sham I can duo or trio with any of em just fine.

The ultimate goal is to have a full group on average and 12-16 dedicated people on for raiding stuff.
Last edited by Castle; 11-11-2011 at 12:03 PM..
Old 11-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Kobold

Whether or not Castle or I can keep a solid 6 man running or not something I prefer to waste time on debating. I really appreciate this communities insight into group pvp so please keep the group set up suggestions flowing.

tomtom brings up a good point regarding bards. It seems their resist boosting abilities make them pretty much mandatory along with other benefits of course.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Honestly, 5 SK's and a bard probably can't be beat, lol.

This is theoryquest right here, but this might be a pretty fun team to have.

Shaman-Support heals, buff, potions, malo, dot

Shamans can adapt to pretty much any situation that rises on the battlefield. Their potions make the team pretty much immune to disease/poison dots.

Enchanter- Tash, mez, debuff, root, stun

Enchanters can offer a lot for team pvp. If the enemy does not have cloudy potions a tash + malo(from shammy/mage) can easily keep them CC'd for the duration of the fight.

SK- DPS, snare, HT.

SK's offer up plenty of DPS and a very annoying low cost snare.

Bard -resist, debuff, snare, selos, mez

SELO's at all times during the fight is +1. Also, the ability to debuff, snare, and DOT the enemy while being out of cast range is a +.

Wizard- dps

Wizards and chanters pair really well together. If the group is CC'd at all by the bard or chanter this gives the wizard free reign to ice comet a squishy and take them out of the fight.

Cleric- heals, stuns.

Best heals in the game, two DA's, stuns, root.

This entire strategy is riding on the fact that 1-2 players can get CC'd and have de-buffs stick without enemy team pumice/curing.

Players would have to be very organized for this to work since it lacks melee power but it could work.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicedsixfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$$$$

The first ToT Tallon Zek group had some interesting classes, though there are seven of them in the intro (1:03 into video).

Lazdal (Shaman), Lightadam (Wiz), Cuick (Rog), Tssunami (Monk), Druegan (Cleric), Kreepindeth? (Mag) plus whoever the human cleric was.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Also, depends what expansion we're talking about. In classic i would want a completely different team than in Kunark.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Theorycrafting only works when you know what you're facing. Aka PVE.
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 11-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Banned

probability distributions..
Old 11-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Banned

Have fun leveling your bards.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantille [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$$$$

The first ToT Tallon Zek group had some interesting classes, though there are seven of them in the intro (1:03 into video).

Lazdal (Shaman), Lightadam (Wiz), Cuick (Rog), Tssunami (Monk), Druegan (Cleric), Kreepindeth? (Mag) plus whoever the human cleric was.
haha, Lightadam. Ohh the fond memories of TZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Aviak

TZ was fun, I lost the love after PoP, Velious was my favorite I think.

Really dumb to have a group without a Bard.

Would be fun to have

Druid - Snare / sow / ports / buffs / heals
Bard - Selo's / resists / dispel / buttsex
Mage x4 / sow'd pets / mean nukes

That would all depend on how the pets are though, if they suck then maybe swap for melee.

Stone <Pandemonium>
Retired Druid from Tallon Zek
Closed Thread