Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

Default Warrior Pike #4 (Trooper's Pike) Quest Mob Issue

Per a lot of 2000 posts, there are three places to go looking for the Froglok Heads: Swamp of No Hope, Innothule (maybe), and Upper Guk.

All of the material is about this static 2 spawn near the falls to Trak's Teeth in SoNH, as that is where I was when I experienced the problem.

I was able to spawn outlanders from both spawn points, and I believe they were different mobs, however one did not drop a head at all, and another dropped only a head. According to posts below, one should always drop a head and a mushroom or some sort, and another a head and an Ornate Rune Box.

I didn't ID it because I couldn't, but I am assuming it is the one that identifies as "Head of Barsh" because its more common, but a lot of posts say Barsh drops with a mushroom, and the other (Findle) drops with an Orante Rune Box.

All quotes from here

Quote:
December 30th 2000: killedoutlander 37 times...everytime a same head + a mushroom. VERY lame >[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
December 1st 2000: keep killing the double spawn by the waterfall.. the tin box and the other head are much rarer drops off the outlander but thats where I got my head.
Quote:
November 18th 2000: You want heads? Swamp of no hope near waterfall p829 n2889. Placeholders are 'a froglok gaz knight' 'a lesser ice bone' 'a lesser charbone' 'a froglok tuk shaman' 'a froglok gaz shaman'.. It's a 6 minute double spawn. They stand side by side.. Outlander will pop here in either spot.. Outlander will either drop Flindel head and a mushroom or rarer Barsh head 2 and an ornate box.
There are more, but from all the posts it seems as though you should be able to get both heads from this location, 100% drop. I killed 3-4 outlanders from both spawns in about 45 mins, one dropped a head with nothing (once), and the other dropped nothing at all (twice). I will ID the head when I can to figure out which it is, but could you check these two spawns to make sure there are two variety of frogs spawning that have different heads, and include these extra drops.

The two different outlander mob links are here and here.

One more useful quote from the second outlander bestiary entry:

Quote:
December 2000: It is a Double spawn side by side. One can be pulled with a Range attack with out Agroing the other for single pulls. Position One is the west side one & it pops the outlander froglok 1 in 3 times with a Mushroom & Barsh Head(never saw it drop the Flindle head)and it has Numerous PH`s. Position Two is the East side one and I`ve only seen it pop Gaz knight 99% or a Shin Shaman or a Ton Warrior 1% of the time. if only One spawn is there or if it doesn`t respawn in 8 minutes , then it has pop`d somewhere near by and is stuck. in which case you have to hunt it.
Lastly, they are supposed to be in Innothule and Guk per many of the other messages on those links, but not sure if they are. I'll probably head there if in fact the head isnt dropping off the swamp mob to see.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 02-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Spent quite a few hours in Guk tonight at the spots the same comments on that page say the Outlander spawns, didn't see him. Not sure if its crazy rare or not in game there either.

Quote:
i found a froglok head and an ornate tin box off an outlander's corpse near the lower guk zone line. never saw them in upper guk before, but i've never really explored it thoroughly. hope that helps
Quote:
That Little Spot where you go to get to Lower Guk, those heart Spiders there, well i was at the Top of them when he tryed to Blindside me
I just slaughtered everything around the two zone lines but didnt see one.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Last edited by bizzum; 02-23-2012 at 10:28 AM..
Old 02-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Bump - I really want this crappy weapon from a hard quest!!
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 03-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump - I really want this crappy weapon from this annoying quest!!
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 03-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Bump
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 03-06-2012, 06:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 03-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Developer

Fixed the swamp spawns/loots, pending update.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks Kanras!
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 03-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

When is the next scheduled update?

I'm camping this now, got one head from the static outlanders in loio, when I went to hand in the note to get the first head it gave me the "lore item message". So unless both outlanders in loio drop all 3 heads this quest is broken.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When is the next scheduled update?

I'm camping this now, got one head from the static outlanders in loio, when I went to hand in the note to get the first head it gave me the "lore item message". So unless both outlanders in loio drop all 3 heads this quest is broken.
There are no outlanders in LOIO. Also, there are only two heads that drop, you are given one by an NPC.

The broken part of this quest has been addressed, anyways. Everything you mentioned besides all of the incorrect information was posted in the initial post. When the next patch notes drop you'll know its fixed, but probably going to be waiting a while.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Closed Thread