Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-19-2019, 05:52 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primordial Ooze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would really suck if true. For me anyway. I just joined server in September and I've spent the last few weeks farming plat for a fungi. I should have enough by the end of this week, but not if the price stays this high.
You will be able to buy one. I bought one yesterday for 48k, I was chatting to someone else who bought one for 47k.

Ignore the resellers and you'll be golden!
Old 02-19-2019, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by p99necro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will be able to buy one. I bought one yesterday for 48k, I was chatting to someone else who bought one for 47k.

I would expect prices to continue to slowly drop long term, not go up. The supply of fungis on the server is already past the saturation point and the changes aren't horribly restrictive. The supply will still increase relative to their demand.

If you see a short term (minor) spike in the price it is just speculators who jumped in this week that are trying to capitalize on the uncertainty.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

if the camp is actually harder then more people will be able to get into groups to fill it out. This will not affect the drop rate in any way. Only means people who can't get into the trios holding the spawn might get into a larger group. Fungi will still drop. The world will keep turning. EC will still try to raise the price because people are stupid.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a fungi seller I disagree, super rare guys... it's going to 100k. You know, mudflation and all

*rubs hands together*

Fatcat: Look someone put 100k on the forum! It's happening...

Why are they called 'fatcats'? WTH do cats have to do with it? Who decided that is the term to use? Swish has never once, and I've researched it, used any other phrase to describe them. He also cannot help but use the phrase in any thread talking about selling or money. What about -

baron
big shot
deep pocket
magnate
moneybags
moneyed person
person of means
person of substance
rich person
richling
tycoon

All of those are perfectly reasonable synonyms.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are they called 'fatcats'? WTH do cats have to do with it? Who decided that is the term to use? Swish has never once, and I've researched it, used any other phrase to describe them. He also cannot help but use the phrase in any thread talking about selling or money. What about -

baron
big shot
deep pocket
magnate
moneybags
moneyed person
person of means
person of substance
rich person
richling
tycoon

Well tunnel fat cats has 3000x a better ring to it than any of those...

You do raise a great question tho on its origin.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-19-2019, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

baron
big shot
deep pocket
magnate
moneybags
moneyed person
person of means
person of substance
rich person
richling
tycoon

it's a common idiom in the english speaking world
Old 02-19-2019, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veleria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This will not affect the drop rate in any way.
OP knew this but he also knows how stupid a large percentage of the population is and that's why he threw in that he had inside info the drop rate would be changed instead of it being a common drop like it's been for 5+ years and long enough for almost 5000 to drop.

On another note, for any potential fungi buyers paying more than 45k you should know I am the Prince of Qeynos and I have 500k plat in the Bank of Freeport but in order to get that money out I need someone to give me 100k for transaction fees. Once I get the money out of the bank I will pay you 200k for your trouble. Please contact me on my toon Nigerianqeynosprince for more details
Old 02-19-2019, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

In the long term I would think this will cause prices to drop assuming plat farming trios are replaced by actual groups. Plat farmers in general are going to be the type who care more about hitting a price point than the potential newbies who will full group it, and nothing will cave a price on an already fairly common item faster than a bunch of new sellers looking for their first big score.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by p99necro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks!
Closed Thread