Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Banned

Default Nice Pants! Duking out an Ogre edition

If looks could kill...

Help make my alt twink shammie look more badass.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Magelo_Blue:Labido

He is currently wearing a Fungi Tunic and Black Chitin Leggings. I am trying to craft a cool looking toon around that look unless anyone has better looking leg suggestions. I don't like the look of Gatorscale on an Ogre. Thoughts?

For shoes, I have Kobold-hide Boots on atm, but I am not digging the fact that this guy is running around looking apparently shoe-less due to the minimal graphic from the item.

Extra points for suggesting unique looking items (in an aesthetic sense) on an Ogre Shaman (Rubicite dreamin' of course):

Here are some of my dilemma's as I see them.

Ears - Black Sapphire Electrum Earring vs. Ivandyr's Hoop

Wrists - Golden Jaded Bracelet vs. Runed Mithril Bracer vs. Granite Bracer

Head - Platinum Tiara vs. Jaundiced Bone Helm vs. Totemic Helm

Arms - Dusty Rusted Vambraces vs. Totemic Vambraces vs. Jaundiced Bone Vambraces

Shoulders - Tattered Mantle vs. Obulus Death Shroud

Hands - Iksar Scaled Gloves vs. Jaundiced Bone Gauntlets vs. ?

Legs - Black Chitin Leggings, Totemic Greaves, Gatorscale Leggings, Withered Leather Leggings, Jaundiced Bone Greaves

Feet - Kobold-Hide Boots, Totemic Boots, Dwarven Work Boots, Jaundiced Bone Boots, Golden Efreeti Boots, Iksar Hide Boots, Withered Leather Boots, BIG RED RUBICITE MAN-BOOTS

Am I missing something?

(Well aware of the need for Djarn's Ring, Enshrouded Veil, and Idol of the Thorned)

Suggestions welcome.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think you can make an ogre look cool lol. Maybe consider rerolling as iksar?

Red99
Old 08-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think you can make an ogre look cool lol. Maybe consider rerolling as iksar?
I had a 65 Iksar Beastlord on live back when that was the level limit. Wasn't my first character either. Very badass feeling then.

Good times, but I've had my fill of playing a lizard even though it was way back then.

I chose Ogre for the simple reason of for frontal stun immunity, which I've never had. If looks were the only consideration I would have gone Barbarian.

Hmm.. just noticed the Magelo for Labido is 15 hitpoint lower than he has in game, but the intro stats and equipment all look right. Interesting.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a 65 Iksar Beastlord on live back when that was the level limit. Wasn't my first character either. Very badass feeling then.

Good times, but I've had my fill of playing a lizard even though it was way back then.

I chose Ogre for the simple reason of for frontal stun immunity, which I've never had. If looks were the only consideration I would have gone Barbarian.

Hmm.. just noticed the Magelo for Labido is 15 hitpoint lower than he has in game, but the intro stats and equipment all look right. Interesting.
Barbarian would have been my second suggestion after iksar, lol. Well that's the price people pay for the min/max playstyle: being ugly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I had some issues like that with the magelo as well, and it was that I was overlooking something minor. Doublecheck that your gear matches up; the magelo seems to be very accurate in my experience. And good luck with your ugly shaman :P

Red99
Old 08-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Take it back..I am beautiful
Old 08-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Banned

Ogres are what they are.

Regardless I'm looking for tips to make him more badass.

In terms of rarity there are always interesting scarce things like Rubicite, maybe Golden Efreeti Vambraces from Sky etc.

Then of course the 'not to be named V-word' expansion which is also imminent in however many months.

Looking for those kinds of suggestions.
Last edited by Seducio; 08-10-2013 at 06:28 PM..
Old 08-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Banned

I'm also looking for suggestions on the dilemma's I mentioned in OP for different slots that I have yet to iron out.

Thanks to anyone who may have insight
Old 08-11-2013, 01:01 AM
Fire Giant

Get a decent weapon - a big nasty hammer to smash the skulls of your foes. The Granite Face Grinder comes highly recommended. If you are to be a proper Ogre badass, and not some nancy-boy Druid, the only one-handed weapon you should hold is a big menacing spear with a dangling little red feather.

After that, to take proper advantage of your Fungi Tunic, you need a big HP pool. Go for +HP where you can get it, and take AC or mana wherever you can't.

You seem to be mostly on the right path. Some specific suggestions:
Black Sapphire Electrum Earrings
Jaundiced Bone Gauntlets, Boots, Bracer (you'll want the bracer later for the effect anyway)
Bracer of Scavenging

Oh, and there's no shame in going shoeless. It's not easy finding decent shoes in 27EEE.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:04 AM
Fire Giant

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here are some of my dilemma's as I see them.

Legs - Black Chitin Leggings, Totemic Greaves, Gatorscale Leggings, Withered Leather Leggings, Jaundiced Bone Greaves
Trick question. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Banned

I appreciate your feedback, Zaftig.

As for weapons, I currently have 2 weaps that share the same badass graphic, the Runed Morning Star for 1h and the Poison Wind Censor for 2h. For piercing right now just swapping in the stinger for skill ups. I'm mainly using the Censor at this point even though that means no shield.

At what level does the Grinder become better to use than the Censor?

Also, I do have plans to quest the epic but those are a ways off and definitely below gathering remaining twink gear on the priority list.

So you prefer the BS electrum earrings over the Ivandyr's Hoop?

AC vs HP choice on that one.

I only have one ear to fill because I personally prefer the lore Earring of Essense over the BS Electrum Earring for the +10 magic resist. I think I'll probably get the +35 hp earring, though 6AC in an earring slot is tempting.

A JBB is definitely in future plans, but not high on the priority list currently.

Thanks for the suggestion of Bracer of Scavenging. Had overlooked that and nice AC on that.

I am also going to look into Jaundiced Bone Boots and Gauntlets. The plate look will cover up my feet and hands. There is aesthetic value in that for me.

As for the Jandiced Bone Greaves... Velious should really drop the price on these babies. Gotta always have a pipe dream right?

I never would have guessed when I first started on p99 that my main, Seducio, would be rocking a Crimson Robe of Alendine... Yet he does.

Picking a chanter as my first character on p99 has turned out to be a pretty intelligent choice and is how I am bank rolling Labido.
Closed Thread