Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Orc

Default Blizzard MOBA

Heroes of the storm looks absolutely terrible. First a shitty Diablo 3, followed by a shitty Hearthstone, and now ANOTHER WoW release along with this garbage ass MOBA. RIP Blizzard.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

What's MOBA? I was thoroughly disappointed with Diablo 3 and so played Path Of Exile instead, and while I did play WoW for a few months it became a game of standing around your city queueing for instances IE boring.

I don't even know what Heroes of the storm or Hearthstone are [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I could google them but nah.

Blizzard is not the company they used to be. Diablo 2 is still one of my favorite all time games but that company and quality is long gone.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Orc

MOBA= Games like League of Legends and DOTA 2.
I wanted to try Path of Exile but their website never worked for me. Everytime I tried to enter information/create an account it already said I had one. Figured I signed up while drunk, so checked all the emails I use for a confirmation or proof I had signed up...no dice. Don't know what happened. Looks like a cool game though
Old 11-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Why is it RIP Blizzard? Because they took their existing heros, brought them into their existing engine, and built a new game that millions of people will play? I'm not much of a blizzard fan these days, but they have a cult following and this game will do well because of it.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Blizzard today is not capable of anything other than dropping the ball, or taking a steaming, peanut-and-corn-filled shit on some of your most beloved franchises.

Do not get hyped
Old 11-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

need pokemon moba
Old 11-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
need pokemon moba
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/
Old 11-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

Blizzard hasn't made a good game since Starcraft. Why do you keep playing their crap?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

Blizzard sucks because when they had talent in their hands in Blizzard North, able to create Diablo and Diablo 2, shaping an entire genre and becoming the definitive name in the game type, and they fire that studio and put a guy with a history of making RTS games into making Diablo 3.

Blizzard sucks because they kill off one of their coolest characters by a fucking fairy.

Blizzard sucks because a few years after Ice Frog approached Valve about creating DOTA 2, Blizzard attempted to sue Valve for the name DOTA, claiming that modded content made in WC3 is their intellectual property. Meanwhile, you have Valve who sees a popular mod, Counter-Strike, go on to be super popular, and rather than sue for the rights, they hire the two that created it and they go on to make Counter Strike: Source, and Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

Blizzard sucks because of how they manage a game like World of Warcraft, specifically in community relations. They completely ground up change a class like Protection Warriors to function entirely different than what they previously did, making it so their resource is no longer a unique thing, and homogenizing their abilities. They do this claiming it is "more fun", when there were very few protection warriors who were not having fun. This story is shared with many classes.

Blizzard sucks because they are nothing more than stagnation for gaming. Blizzard has offered remarkably little in the way of innovation in their games in a considerable amount of time. Even with their new expansion, a time for offering up brand new ideas and cool innovations, they introduce things like guild halls/garrisons, an idea that has been in circulation in MMOs for well over 10 years. They offer no innovation, and nothing to move gaming technology or software forward.

Blizzard sucks because they see their success with WoW as being based on their content, rather than realizing that the community perpetuates upon itself. As a group of people quit, after some period of time, they miss their friends and want to return, and the cluster of their friends are in WoW, so as they return to WoW, another batch quit, and so on forever. The community of WoW do not play WoW because of WoW, they do it because it is the place that the majority of their friends play. It could be Hello Kitty Island Adventure, and if it had 7.5 million users (approximately), it would also perpetuate upon itself a hefty amount.

Blizzard sucks for their continual policies to attempt to destroy LoL, DOTA 2, and HoN to make Starcraft 2 the top tournament game, because their stranglehold on the South Korean market has faltered. They do this instead of trying to host larger tournaments, split tournaments with LoL or DOTA 2, to share and expand gaming tournaments as a cultural thing.

Blizzard sucks because they created a trio of truly awesome games once upon a time, but then over the long period of time when they were silent, they fired off some of their best workers, and they merged with Activision, corrupting the core of what made them great, turning them into the pile of shit that they are now, exploiting people's nostalgia of their once great time with Blizzard games.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 11-09-2013 at 12:01 AM..
Old 11-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Orc

Last Blizzard game I played was Diablo 3. Only played Vanilla WoW. But I track their games and watch youtube/twitch videos to see what their current games are like and they all look bad.

I know they have a cult following and people are still going to pay out the ass for bad games. I just think that people will get bored with each new bad game they release faster and faster...
Closed Thread