Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

they didn't initially
Old 10-21-2011, 03:28 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's something to talk about.. I have also heard that CS would not involve themselves in any matters whatsoever within veeshan's peak on eqlive back in the day. I think even nilbog confirmed this. That would make for some interesting situations in VP if the guilds were to start training / kill stealing eachother. I'm not against that if that's how the players want it to be.

Disclaimer: This will not be the case unless/until I officially state it is. Discuss it though, I'm interested to hear your opinions.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's something to talk about.. I have also heard that CS would not involve themselves in any matters whatsoever within veeshan's peak on eqlive back in the day. I think even nilbog confirmed this. That would make for some interesting situations in VP if the guilds were to start training / kill stealing eachother. I'm not against that if that's how the players want it to be.

Disclaimer: This will not be the case unless/until I officially state it is. Discuss it though, I'm interested to hear your opinions.
100 percent feel VP should have the "corpse rot" potential and CS should not involved themselves in it. Its one of the things that gamers across the globe reference as the ultimate in "hard core".

p99 needs this

edit: it may be the final thing that gets the squabbling guilds to settle down and make deals among themselves, if VP is turned into a CS-less deathtrap
Old 10-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Orc

thank you for the update. i got a few questions :

if each dragon being rolled by the potential 2 (as you said) guilds showing with a (maybe) 24h timer to kill what's gonna happen in the case that follow :

# guild A got SW and Xygoz and nexona, guild B the others 3 . Guild A wipe on sw (can happen) and the way vp is , you have to kill Silverwings to go further in. SO does it mean guildB need to wait guild A to kill SW or wipe 24h on it to be able to attemps others dwagons ? and so have vp fte because one guild can't kill the dragon #1 in the kill order ?

# nother concern: first VP clear is done, how do we handle repop ? ffa ?

Kawi
ps: this is personnal question , am not representing my guild here
Old 10-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

No raid rules in VP?

I have to say, I think the total lack of ambiguity would really be helpful.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

well I dont speak for anyone but myself really, but I think logging everything and fraps'ing and reporting everything is about as fucking gay as you can possibly get in a game.

I'm all about adapting to the situation and fighting fire with fire! There's quite a bit of strategy involved in raid setup when you going into it expecting some craziness to go down.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

do it
Old 10-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

once more, get off to the right foot and dispense with the whole /random for VP targets on the first night,etc.

Let the guilds zerg into VP willy nilly first night..let them wipe and they leap frog over each other and let them spend the rest of the night doing nightmare CRs and begging the last few keyed people and alts to drag/rez them from the other guild.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Banned

Make it FFA. I'll buy a VP keyed character for 200k solely to train anyone who tries raiding there. Since it would be a no rules zone.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Discuss it though, I'm interested to hear your opinions.
I say if you go with a full-on hands off approach, you need to unflag VP keys as soul bound as well, as part of the support staff's original intent with that approach was to make the zone as difficult as possible (I'm assuming VP keys are soul bound here).

The entertainment that you, nilbog, and the other developers could get out of this would be a small reward for all of the hard work you guys have put in on this server.