Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Aviak

Default Ragefire solution?

Hopefully this isn't beating a dead horse...

Ok, so I was reading through some of the threads here and it seems like the vast majority of people (and it appears guilds) would be willing to accept some sort of rational approach to Ragefire that doesn't involve spending hours clicking and then waiting for an admin to determine who gets the kill. Here's my suggested solution thrown out for food for thought.

There are currently 22(ish) clerics ready to do the turnin. Let's get a list of them (screenshotted for proof if necessary) and then have the GL (or another officer) of each of the guilds meet somewhere and random for an initial order. This order would then be posted and be firm - so long as the cleric's raid force is able to engage within a reasonable period of time from spawn (20 minutes?) it would belong to that particular cleric. As more clerics get their pearls, they would screenshot it and upload the pic to the thread, giving them spot 23, 24, etc....

The above is contingent on a number of things:
1) All the major guilds agree to abide by it, and will not assist in the raid of a cleric who jumps out of turn
2) All clerics able to do the final turn in are a member of a sizable guild or alliance of guilds. At this point, I'm pretty sure that's accurate, though I guess it's possible there's a rogue cleric out there who has managed to get the people together to do Ixiblat. If there is, they would get to random as well.

The upside:
More fun for 99% of the population in these guilds and cleaner socks. Only the cleric next in line would need to have their guild ready to move upon spawn, and wouldn't actually need to have their entire raid force sitting there with them waiting. This means all of the other players in can actually have fun playing the game instead of sitting and staring at the screen waiting to fight. Also, there wouldn't be the issue of people having pearls eaten during turnin in the mad clickfest that happens when he pops.

The downsides:
1)People who are not in favor of taking turns or who always demand to be first (or at least earlier than someone else) are going to be upset because they will feel like they are being cheated.

2) People playing on red99 will continue to say "PVP is the solution" which is old and tired.

Disclaimer: In the interest of full disclosure, I am a member of BDA, who with our more casual approach to raiding, would be a clear winner in this, since we are unlikely to be able to contest a FFA ragefire anytime soon simply as a function of our playerbase. And for the record, I'm not speaking on behalf of the guild, just as a member of the community that would like to try to smooth out something that appears to be a clusterfuck in the making.

- Llabak from Tarew Marr and the Safehouse, way back when
- Berty on p99
Old 01-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Orc

no
Old 01-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivosik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no
Well reasoned reply from This guy.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

i already know that this wouldnt work out lol.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Nope not until new Ragefire implemented and GMs are on around the clock to enforce a list rule if it even happens but I am gonna say it'll never happen.

Click away my clerics!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

This is why we can't have nice things. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

good idea and to hell with the greedy bitches that can't wait their turn.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Aviak

part of the problem is 22 clerics ready to do their turn in probably isnt consistent with 22 clerics on their last piece for their epic.

It might, I could be wrong-- but the pearl was supposed to be the FINAL fight.

As the cleric epic is written, you can have a pearl without a King kill.

Which means hypothetically if there were a list, it would include clerics not finihed with their epic but in possession of a pearl.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole1
part of the problem is 22 clerics ready to do their turn in probably isnt consistent with 22 clerics on their last piece for their epic.

It might, I could be wrong-- but the pearl was supposed to be the FINAL fight.

As the cleric epic is written, you can have a pearl without a King kill.

Which means hypothetically if there were a list, it would include clerics not finihed with their epic but in possession of a pearl.
Yep I'd be curious on which clerics have successfully run Royals and have their Scroll turned in. I know that TMO/IB/VD and possibly a few Divinity have a pearl in hand.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeliso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep I'd be curious on which clerics have successfully run Royals and have their Scroll turned in. I know that TMO/IB/VD and possibly a few Divinity have a pearl in hand.
BDA also has a few ready for Ragefire