Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 03:56 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so this was a troll?
all i did was ask which people prefer, 2 teams, or more than 2 teams. and i got lots of people to weigh in with their opinion, which is what i was hoping for. so i wouldn't say it was a troll thread at all. check out my red q&a video, i explained it in detail over there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 08-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

good ole sirken
Old 08-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp_SmokinPurp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3 team.
Lights vs Darks and than your Neutrals.

One thing that sucked on live was X teaming though, if there was a way to implement lights not being able to heal darks and vice versa it would work great! and Neutrals can go either way anytime so they are open to be hit by both sides.
So it would make the invulnerable healer not possible.

Trying to think of a way to get that classic fun team PvP without the pain of X team
( if your not sure on x team? If that was your lol wut question?? heres an example. Its when a light healer heals his dark friend why the dark friend beats on you and your also a lightie and you cannot kill his healer because he is ally therefore you are screwed.)
Somehow removing this or causing the "immortal" healer to be flagged pvp or something would make the 3 team idea great and bring a whole slew of new players to your server.
No Xteam if want more than 50players, if not. Enjoy )
Don't remember x teaming on sullon zek. I never heard of heals landing on other teams.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Sarnak

None of the Above... Good, Evil, and RED No cross teaming or cross guilding...

2 Hard Coded Teams that cannot heal or talk to the other team.. They can trade with and heal RED players... But Get Purpled out or something for the next 72 hours and can be then attacked by their own team....

Good Team and Evil Team... with the usual suspects
Good Being What would be light team on TZ minus Freeport Humans ...
And Dark Team being Team evil with the Free port Humans...

RED is not really a team, you join it by turning in your red book, You INSTANTLY
have a massive faction modifier against you in your old side's Cities and are now KOS in all starting city guards... and newbi zones...

You can attack an other Player except players in your own Guild.. ( if your guild is RED )
Red Players can trade with and heal each other as well as players on both Good and Evil ( Blue and Orange? )

Anyways those are my thoughts... Also this might be a good server to do Item loot with a Firiona Vei Ruleset with only certain God drops, quest items (like POA stuff.. not Skyshrine armor ) and epics, primary and secondary being no drop, everthing else being lootable even in inventory except the actual bag... Also Items like the Manastone, Jboots, Box of Abukar, Circlet of SHadow, Fungi Greatstaff, and Guise... ect always dropping no mater what era of the server you happen to be in... With a team and item loot ruleset in place like that new players would have a team... and players who grow to dislike their teammates can join red and kill anyone... With faster exp and somewhat increased drop rates it would be easy for players to gear up... and even doing Lowbi PVP they could get good gear like planar and stuff off of twinks... Just my 2 cents...
Old 11-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like it.. Although maybe it could be Erud/Antonica vs Faydwer/Cabilis.

Or even just Antonica vs everyone else
I Like it, I would play West Side Ogre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]... both teams have access to all classes... and the Ogre split makes RP sense... To raise Grobb faction you have to kill ogres, to raise Ogguk Faction kill Trolls or Dwarfs...

Maybe add a Red team that becomes KOS in all starting cities, but you can form Guilds with whoever you want... Just make them take a small exp hit on PVP death because their city hates them now..

Add FV rules with almost everything droppable, RZ item loot... and Only the person with kill shot can loot, but anyone close by can lock the corpse first.... ( thanks Dr. Science ) so naked casters are at a big disadvantage.. with everything but primary, secondary, range, epics, Jboots, Guise, droppable( maybe allow 5 total augments per player so they can pick their 5 favorite items to keep no drop )

Also maybe so new players are never at a disadvantage, never nerf drops... always allow Thex Dagger quest, Circlet of Shadow, Jboot camp, Manastone, ect.. ( maybe in Kunark Velious make manastone 90 damage )
Old 11-17-2013, 05:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has any server done region-based teams?
Wanted to paste this here because I think this could actually work:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, regional three teams:

West:

Erudin
Qeynos
Surefall Glade
Halas
Freeport

Central:

Neriak
Paineel
Grobb
Oggok
Cabilis

East:

Rivervale
Kaladim
Kelethin
Felwithe
Ak'anon

Each team has one city outside its main cluster (Paineel for central, Freeport for West, Rivervale for East). The only thing you would have to do for class availability would be to add trainers and spell vendors to Neriak and Kaladim for dark elf bards and dwarf shaman. This actually works pretty well for me.

EDIT: This actually makes it sort of like original Race War should have been. Elves, from a class balance standpoint, should have never been their own team. But combining the elf and shortie teams and reducing it to three racial/regional teams instead of the four of the original race war, it makes it a lot more balanced (assuming you figure out how to give bards and monks to the evil team and shaman to the elf/shortie team). I'm liking this more and more.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:51 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Orc

3 teams sounds best
Old 11-17-2013, 06:45 AM
Banned

Best is FFA server

There is no way to balance the pop on a teams server, how this evades everyone cheering for teams and not seeing this come from a hundred miles i do not know.

In games with a healthier pop? allrite. Here? Fugeddaboutit
Old 11-17-2013, 06:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best is FFA server

There is no way to balance the pop on a teams server, how this evades everyone cheering for teams and not seeing this come from a hundred miles i do not know.

In games with a healthier pop? allrite. Here? Fugeddaboutit
There is already FFA server. And you can see people hate it. (population, hello)
Most people agree teams are way more fun to have.

back to the topic.

3 teams absolutely best.
Closed Thread