Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 04:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyryllis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry didnt realize we entered a nanny state
Just pointing out again the mentality of members inside TMO posting about all this. IF they don't get all the shiny pixels in an environment they can control and call competition they cry.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyryllis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry didnt realize we entered a nanny state
by this you mean you're all infants? Nanny Rogean is tired of the skidmarks in your undies.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:22 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
The truth is that even if we all were level 1 right now with no gear, we would level up, get geared and keyed, and crush the competition all over again.
This is exactly the reason you will raid nothing in Velious. Can't wait to see TMO's 400th Trak kill for your 6th alt.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:31 AM
Sarnak

Ban them all. Ban them with fire.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:55 AM
Planar Protector

By the way, if forumquest is kind of like the "Gems" of p99, does this count as a gm-sponsored event?
Old 12-20-2013, 05:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heazels [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 people that bought 86 accounts that the guild uses on a spreadsheet.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:50 AM
Orc

I am finding it very difficult to continue playing on this server with this knowledge at hand. I firmly believe stronger action and harsher punishment must be taken in order to send a strong enough message to others in the future. Can IP addresses be banned with the accounts? The accounts that were logged into by the exploiters should receive stricter discipline as well. Their defense is that they weren't aware of the intentions of these users who used their accounts, but that should not matter. If anything, punishment on these individuals will teach others to be much more cautious to who they share their account info with - guild member or not.

4 weeks ban is NOT enough for these individuals, especially given that these next 4 weeks will be the holidays and most people will be taking a break from EQ regardless. Either a longer ban or at least de-leveling of their characters by 20+ levels. If more action isn't taken I don't think I can continue playing with an honest conscience that my hard work isn't in vain due to the debasement of the server economy by cheaters who don't fear the consequences.
Last edited by Fjolvar; 12-20-2013 at 06:01 AM..
Old 12-20-2013, 06:09 AM
Sarnak

You know what's classic? Getting your account completely banned for sharing account info, nothing more. I had it happen to a couple of guildmates on live.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjolvar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am finding it very difficult to continue playing on this server with this knowledge at hand. I firmly believe stronger action and harsher punishment must be taken in order to send a strong enough message to others in the future. Can IP addresses be banned with the accounts? The accounts that were logged into by the exploiters should receive stricter discipline as well. Their defense is that they weren't aware of the intentions of these users who used their accounts, but that should not matter. If anything, punishment on these individuals will teach others to be much more cautious to who they share their account info with - guild member or not.

4 weeks ban is NOT enough for these individuals, especially given that these next 4 weeks will be the holidays and most people will be taking a break from EQ regardless. Either a longer ban or at least de-leveling of their characters by 20+ levels. If more action isn't taken I don't think I can continue playing with an honest conscience that my hard work isn't in vain due to the debasement of the server economy by cheaters who don't fear the consequences.
Honestly the punishment is far too light. Sharing accounts is in direct violation of server rules. Therefore whether or not the person logging into the account is cheating or not its still violating rules that have been repeated numerous times. I feel that if IP addresses can indeed be banned then the supposed handful of cheaters should be IP banned while everyone else should have accounts perma-banned and be forced to start over.

Schneiden Dich - Gnome "Beast" Warrior
Old 12-20-2013, 06:13 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisset [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what's classic? Getting your account completely banned for sharing account info, nothing more. I had it happen to a couple of guildmates on live.
People shouldn't be so quick to hand out their account info so easily. I once gave my account info to a 'friend' back on live and woke up the next morning with my character completely stripped. That's just the risk you take and sometimes you only learn from hard lessons.
Last edited by Fjolvar; 12-20-2013 at 06:18 AM..
Closed Thread