Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

No thanks. It actually creates less pvp since all known PK's and PK guilds will be monitored day and night.
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 11-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Banned

horrible idea
Old 11-13-2011, 06:58 AM
Large Rat

Nah, it looks good on paper, but anon & roleplay are necessary evils.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Planar Protector

like queen lethdar said this is a good idea on paper, but will be more or less used to avoid pvp rather then encourage it.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
like queen lethdar said this is a good idea on paper, but will be more or less used to avoid pvp rather then encourage it.
But why even play on a PVP server if you plan on avoiding pvp? Heh.. PVP penalties aren't even that severe anyway.

As for the replies with "its not classic," well alotta things aren't classic already on P99 & Red99 both. This feature was used on a live hardcore PVP server by SOE, I thought it did a pretty good job.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 11-13-2011 at 09:19 AM..
Old 11-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Would be neat to have some sort of alert once a zone got over so many people in it world wide... or a raid mob shout world wide once it got engaged to promoted PVP

Raid mobs getting ninja'd without any fight wouldn't be a good thing for the server...
Old 11-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But why even play on a PVP server if you plan on avoiding pvp? Heh.. PVP penalties aren't even that severe anyway.

As for the replies with "its not classic," well alotta things aren't classic already on P99 & Red99 both. This feature was used on a live hardcore PVP server by SOE, I thought it did a pretty good job.
This argument is brought up quite often and it's quite retarded. I mean, why do any of us level beyond level 1, it is a PvP-server after all! We should ALL stay at level 1 and just log in and fight each other whenever we feel like playing!!

This argument seems based on the fact that people only PvE when they can't find PvP, while infact most people who play here will probably enjoy different aspects of both PvE and PvP.

One can both enjoy randomly ganking people or fighting over a specific spawn, just as someone else think it's fun to just camp efreeti with a couple buddies.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on what you classify as pvp.

The only pvp that comes out of disabling anon (this has been tested btw) is gank squad pvp, which means a squad of buddies will roam around slaying solo or mixed groups of people without any real challenge.

Lets say i'm sitting in guk by manastone camp, you guys can see me by doing a /who all gukbottom, the thing is i already have my macros setup to do a /who all innothule and a /who all guktop everytime i sit/stand/move so instantly when someone enters any of these zones i'll know about it. And if you bring your 2 buddies, i won't stick around to fight you. Why would i, i can't win 3v1.

It's as simple as that, no one goes willingly into a pvp fight if they ain't at least 200% certain they will win the fight in question. (Gloinz pvp champ excluded)

This has been tested and proven by 3 years of non-anonymous playing on vztz, it was used to avoid pvp more than anything. And to me it's more exciting not knowing what's waiting behind the next zoneline, surprise pvp the real deal, other pvp should be called "duel" which is a different game all together.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on what you classify as pvp.

The only pvp that comes out of disabling anon (this has been tested btw) is gank squad pvp, which means a squad of buddies will roam around slaying solo or mixed groups of people without any real challenge.

Lets say i'm sitting in guk by manastone camp, you guys can see me by doing a /who all gukbottom, the thing is i already have my macros setup to do a /who all innothule and a /who all guktop everytime i sit/stand/move so instantly when someone enters any of these zones i'll know about it. And if you bring your 2 buddies, i won't stick around to fight you. Why would i, i can't win 3v1.

It's as simple as that, no one goes willingly into a pvp fight if they ain't at least 200% certain they will win the fight in question. (Gloinz pvp champ excluded)

This has been tested and proven by 3 years of non-anonymous playing on vztz, it was used to avoid pvp more than anything. And to me it's more exciting not knowing what's waiting behind the next zoneline, surprise pvp the real deal, other pvp should be called "duel" which is a different game all together.
those macros work anywyays for watching people coming at you, anon doesn't hide people when you who all a zone, it just hides their level and class.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

No, if you are /anon you won't show up in /who all gukbottom list of users.

Pretty sure that's the way it works, you can always /who your current zone.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Closed Thread