Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have seen plenty of flying kicks miss. Maybe the parser isn't recording a missed kick under the right " Missed" section.
Are you referring to level 50 monks or lower? Earlier there was reference to a 36 monk I know having flying kicks miss, but none of a higher level have spoken up.

As far as the parser, it does report "misses" that occur from blocks or evades, meaning the algorithm is capable of detecting the flying kicks. If the miss itself is not going in the right category, another category should be included (unless it is showing up as "hits.") I guess the real thing to do would be to parse a lower level monk that HAS missed Flying Kicks and see if the accuracy is still 100%. That would prove the parser wrong.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but ya, sochin will catch up over time given that freeti spear is 15/40 and monk fist is 14/28 and better haste.
this is true, but my combo is actually Burning Rapier 7/20 offhand + Bone Razor 10/22 mainhand, swapping Efreeti in for backstabs only. What we're seeing is like you say a much better weapon ratio 14/28 matched up against the above ratios, with the addition of backstab and a 100% accurate Flying Kick (baby backstab).
Old 12-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Fire Giant

the real crime here is those kicks getting riposted

attack from the side/behind omfg
Old 12-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Isn't the haste cap at level 50 74%?

meaning any haste item currently available plus swift like the wind (60%) will give you haste cap -- rendering dragon haste relatively useless in a raid setting, and probably meaning nothing to your parses.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

I have a 50 monk, spent 20 mins in solb after I saw this bug, and I assure you I missed my kicks some. Not a lot, but some.Thats why I'm guessing the parser isn't reading misses correctly.

I even turned on full combat spam, and kicks weren't dodged,blocked or ripped. Just flat out missed. So who knows.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Banned

haste cap is 75% in classic. Yes, dragon haste items are somewhat useless in the sense that you're always hasted with SLTW in a raid setting.

Nice info btw. Considering monks have been topping the DPS charts for a very long time now it makes you wonder how long it's been coded such that they don't miss flying kicks.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
certainly not classic!
Monk envy certainly is classic. Monk special skills even at low level seem to never miss, but they might as well miss. Because they routinely hit for 1 point of damage. A measly 16 dps from a good monks stongest attack seems pretty subdued to me.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

I take back everything I said. I noticed I was missing a chat filter to double check, and kicks won't miss, only on blocks,parries and rips. So I'm landing kicks unless NPC's roll those 3 misses.

So wtg outing monks! I hate you!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Oh boy!
Old 12-24-2010, 03:01 AM
Fire Giant

Any chance this is skill related?

Max F K skill and you don't miss, 50% of your max F K skill and you are missing about 50%?
Closed Thread