Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Large Bat

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This somehow reminded me of soemthign from EQ2.

In Freeport, Dark Elf district, there was this DE npc by the bank who kept commenting on any player who would visit the bank. If player would be a Dark Elf, the npc would praise the player on his gear, or level etc. If player was any other race, then the npc would go out of his way to make fun you or even insult you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So one day I am digging in my vault, when I saw a High Elf Necromancer walk into a BANK! (To get a High Elf necromancer you would need to start a High Elf Magician in Qeynos, level to level 20, and then do a long ass Betrayal quest to switch to evil faction in Freeport, after which you become converted to a necromancer)
So when this DE npc who is commenting on everyone, detects this player he goes like this:

"A High Elf necromancer? Oh THANK YOU INNORUK! We've won!"
Lol, that happens with my High Elf Inquisitor. Funny as hell =D
Old 10-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

sandbox eq, hot diggity dog

player run cities like swg would be badass
Old 11-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/20/so...t-sandbox-mmo/

Sony Online Entertainment President John Smedley took the stage at the studio’s annual SOE Live convention to talk about the scope of EverQuest Next, the working title of the next MMO in the EverQuest franchise. As part of a “blowing up” of the preliminary concept images and sketches released last year, Smedley claimed Next will be the “largest sandbox MMO” created to date, according to EQ2 Wire.

“What we’re building is something that we will be very proud to call EverQuest,” Smedley said. “It will be the largest sandbox style MMO ever designed with the same exciting content delivered in a new way. Something you’ve never seen before and the MMO world has never seen before.

“We didn’t want more ‘kill 10 rats’ quests. We didn’t want more of the same. If you look at the MMOs out there, they’re delivering the same content over and over again. So are we. We need to change that. When we released EverQuest, we changed the world. We want to do that again with a different type of game.”

Smedley also promised a playable build by next year’s convention for fans to try out and mentioned the involvement of previous EverQuest designers Dave Georgeson and Terry Michaels in Next’s formation.
But does it play like Elder Scrolls?

MMO will never evolve until they get a proper and active defense system, as well as offensive obviously.

So curious to see what they are actually proposing
Old 11-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Not interested. I'm resigned with the knowledge that the mainstream cannot do extreme or hardcore gaming well enough to satisfy. The mainstream makes games for the mainstream and that's just the way it's. However, I think a MMO that takes from Minecraft and WoW could be a hit success in the mainstream.

This might have interested me 12 years ago. Too much time has passed. I'm not the same. The mainstream doesn't understand me. I can enjoy an old game like Project 1999, but a game with mechanics like this would never ever ever float in the mainstream. This is the problem. Even if you upgraded Project 1999 it'd die as a mainstream product without an immense mechanics overhaul. By mechanics, I mean things like corpse returns and train-aggroing and kiting and lack of an in-game map. And yet many of those mechanics are the things I like. Not always, but often times! I don't like to compromise. Besides, I'm happy playing old or indie games.

Playing Wurm Online right now. Gog.com is a nice site if you like old games.

There're tons of indie MMO's. It's easier and easier to make them.

I wish those in the mainstream good luck and entertainment. Drinks all around, as Jack Sparrow said. I don't scorn you. I don't like football either, but I have no reason to dislike people who do. People just have different tastes and tolerances. Why fight about it? Play what you like and live in peace.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 11-18-2012 at 09:43 PM..
Old 11-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Kobold

Personally EQ2 was good enough, but no matter what game SOE makes next it won't be popular with the mmo crowd because if it has any difficulty to it it'll flop.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally EQ2 was good enough, but no matter what game SOE makes next it won't be popular with the mmo crowd because if it has any difficulty to it it'll flop.
Irrelevant. EVE online is a very unforgiving game and it is very successful.

There may be a vocal minority that clamors to make everything easier, but they are just that. Look at this emu. It's a 12 year old version of EverQuest that has moments equivalent to putting your dick in a vice, and yet it's popular.

Landazar [50 Magician]
Old 08-12-2013, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, that happens with my High Elf Inquisitor. Funny as hell =D
Lols hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:12 AM
Sarnak

EQ mixed with EVE is like mixing Peanut BUtter and Chocolate: It'd be as close to perfection as one could get.

But knowing how SOE works, the likliness of bad system issues is high.
Wolfang: Human Monk

Estolcles: Human Paladin
*Thread postings and responses are 99.9999% of the time not representing the thoughts and beliefs of Europa, including any/all of it's members and officers.

"You chicken chokin' pecker puke!" ~Terry Funk
Old 08-14-2013, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estolcles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ mixed with EVE is like mixing Peanut BUtter and Chocolate: It'd be as close to perfection as one could get.

But knowing how SOE works, the likliness of bad system issues is high.
I'm beginning to believe that eq was just a derp moment.
And that derp moment was well received and liked.

Vanguard had so much promise tho.
Was a shame to see it roflfail. I want my high elf inquisitor back god damn it. And my raki Druid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Closed Thread