Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Mercenaries (mercs) were added when the player base dropped (post-wow release) to help automate part of the group and make it easier for the solo (and groupless) char to get around, and if you choose to continue to pay your sub fee like it used to be required then you get access to more powerful mercenaries

They come in 4 classes: Cleric, Warrior, Wizard, Rogue

you can only have 1 at a time, but if you 2 box you can have 1 per each char; 3 max in a group (if you 3 box+ 3 mercs). So if you decided to say afk conveniently on a fast respawn with a 2 box that had a war and cler merc then your automated buddies would proceed to clean house without you even having to move.

There are different tiers: Apprentice are mercs for ppl without sub fees; journeyman mercs, although the cost more plat per every 15 mins than apprentice are subscriber mercs who are way awesome. THere are quests for higher tiers of journeyman merc and now AAs and armor for them too
Old 07-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

^^^ Wow, that's insane. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 07-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Fire Giant

OP, stop shilling. Just like your last thread, no one wants to play on the abomination that is EQ live.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 07-07-2014, 02:01 AM
Banned

if you want to "Play EQ In Its Entirety" that means also playing at level 85 with mercs and w/e else, scrub.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah just coming from someone who has been in and still is in top guilds on live, From stromm progression beating that in realm of insanity, to currently in fire in fury on FV still raiding top content, this idea is stupid.

You really think people are gonna follow all the rules you mention when they can be so easily broke? Playing on a timeline restricted server is much better chances of having fun and not doing that.
I'm shocked that somebody from RoI finds it hard to believe that people will follow the rules. Maybe because you guys exploited the fuck out of Stromm progression? Oh and the progression server too. Just because some people lack self control and break rules "because it's so easy to do" doesn't mean everyone does.
Last edited by Rifter; 07-07-2014 at 05:38 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you want to "Play EQ In Its Entirety" that means also playing at level 85 with mercs and w/e else, scrub.
nvm the average person who uses the word "scrub" as an insult.... "playing eq in its entirety" doesn't mean using mercs, free aa's, and gear that caps your stats b4 reaching level 40 - all of those things trivialize the 1st 15 games to the point where they're practically all skipped.

you must be newer than me somehow, so here's how the game works: f2p players start in Crescent Reach, go to Blightfire Moors, then Stone Hive, then Goru'kar Mesa. by this time they've seen nothing of the game but have all of their stats capped by their ridiculous gear and are basically invincible. it's impossible to die unless you're just retarded. it's boring. so I said, "well, I don't want to pay for this, I'll pay if I can get a group of like-minded ppl who don't want to use things for the purpose of skipping 90% of the game."
Old 07-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, stop shilling. Just like your last thread, no one wants to play on the abomination that is EQ live.
except for the tens of thousands that do? a lot of ppl on this forum have told me that they play live as well. if this guild were huge, I'm sure the folks here who have accounts on Live would wish they had started their chars with us.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm shocked that somebody from RoI finds it hard to believe that people will follow the rules. Maybe because you guys exploited the fuck out of Stromm progression? Oh and the progression server too. Just because some people lack self control and break rules "because it's so easy to do" doesn't mean everyone does.
i played a self-imposed progression guild twice now (both before launch of p99). we were relatively casual. at least half of our members were routinely attempting to break the self-imposed rules. its just too tempting for most folks.

if you want to be a tyrant officer/leader you can spend all your time policing this. you will end up having to bully/kick members from your guild for breaking rules and likely end up ruining the fun for many of the other players.

you might end up only getting a good group of folks that don't have any desire to skirt rules. but its not my experience. my advice, if you love classic eq, is just play here.

good luck though, whatever you choose.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i played a self-imposed progression guild twice now (both before launch of p99). we were relatively casual. at least half of our members were routinely attempting to break the self-imposed rules. its just too tempting for most folks.

if you want to be a tyrant officer/leader you can spend all your time policing this. you will end up having to bully/kick members from your guild for breaking rules and likely end up ruining the fun for many of the other players.

you might end up only getting a good group of folks that don't have any desire to skirt rules. but its not my experience. my advice, if you love classic eq, is just play here.

good luck though, whatever you choose.
Don't doubt it, it's a shame though. I have no intentions of playing on that server, just find some of things being said amusing/sad.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Banned

This thread is hella dumb.
Closed Thread