Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Haynar,

How is it SUPPOSED to work? I understand tweaks are always being made, but what was the system in classic?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:56 AM
Orc

Doesn't seem like the link provided this answer, so here it is:

Damage cap = dmg * 2

Where dmg is the weapon's stated damage.

I don't quite know how, but I have gone over this on an Ogre SK (doing 19 damage with a rusty two-hander) and my Iksar Warrior (doing the same amount of damage with his 9 dmg pike).

So people hitting for 40 damage with a 2hander are using a weapon with 20 damage.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haynar,

How is it SUPPOSED to work? I understand tweaks are always being made, but what was the system in classic?
I don't get it either. I NEVER played melee in EQ classic or such until P99 in which I just started a rogue last month. I now have that said rogue to 23 with a trident of the 7 seas from phinyy which is 10 dmg. Even at lvl 23 with 155 str UNBUFFED I STILL hit for only 20's...

So I'd like to know also what is the formula and when is a rogues dmg cap lifted because it certainly is not 20....

of Transcendence
Old 10-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEmblem86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't seem like the link provided this answer, so here it is:

Damage cap = dmg * 2
So class bonus damage modifiers do nothing then? Or do you mean that is the cap below level 20? In other words, before level 20 you cannot do more twice the damage that is listed on your weapon? Thats the way it seems so far, but I'm only level 13 ATM and I don't know at what level class bonus damage modifiers start to kick in, if at all.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So class bonus damage modifiers do nothing then? Or do you mean that is the cap below level 20? In other words, before level 20 you cannot do more twice the damage that is listed on your weapon? Thats the way it seems so far, but I'm only level 13 ATM and I don't know at what level class bonus damage modifiers start to kick in, if at all.
levels 1-9 - damage cap is 20
levels 10-19 - damage cap is 40
20+ - lifted, can do 2x weap damage or more based on class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So after level 20 is when the class bonus damage modifiers start to work?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Kobold

From my experience on this server (I'm a lvl 50 ranger), you only start seeing more damage at later level.

The dmg*2 formula is true until lvl 28 where you get 1 bonus damage every 3 levels to your main hand attack. So at level 50 you get 8 extra bonus damage:
main hand = (dmg*2)+8
off hand = dmg*2

That's why a fast weapon can perform as good as a slower weapon with better ration. In my case, a dragon spined claw (10/21) only outdamage a revultant whip (5/14) by about 10% or maybe a bit more (that's my personal parse). For off hand, you need the best possible ratio (no damage bonus).

As for str, you will notice more effects at later level. It does increase my max damage when I go from 180 (unbuffed) to about 250 (shaman buff). In the end, my main hand 10/21 has a max damage of about 45, so from the formula:
(2*10)+8 = 28
I have an extra 17 damage, I would think that it is all coming from str bonus at my level? Not sure.

The other effect of str is that it raises your ATK (about 1 ATK for 1 str) and the more ATK you have, the more likely you will get high hits.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From my experience on this server (I'm a lvl 50 ranger), you only start seeing more damage at later level.

The dmg*2 formula is true until lvl 28 where you get 1 bonus damage every 3 levels to your main hand attack. So at level 50 you get 8 extra bonus damage:
main hand = (dmg*2)+8
off hand = dmg*2

That's why a fast weapon can perform as good as a slower weapon with better ration. In my case, a dragon spined claw (10/21) only outdamage a revultant whip (5/14) by about 10% or maybe a bit more (that's my personal parse). For off hand, you need the best possible ratio (no damage bonus).

As for str, you will notice more effects at later level. It does increase my max damage when I go from 180 (unbuffed) to about 250 (shaman buff). In the end, my main hand 10/21 has a max damage of about 45, so from the formula:
(2*10)+8 = 28
I have an extra 17 damage, I would think that it is all coming from str bonus at my level? Not sure.

The other effect of str is that it raises your ATK (about 1 ATK for 1 str) and the more ATK you have, the more likely you will get high hits.
Brilliant! Thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To clarify, you can do 2x weapon damage at level 1, as long as that does not exceed 20 damage. Example:

Level 1 rogue with 8/23 weapon can do 2x weapon damage because 8x2 = 16(below cap).

Level 1 warrior with 20/47 weapon cannot do 2x weapon damage because 20x2 = 40(20 damage over cap).

NEW QUESTION: IF STR = ATK and ATK allows you to hit for your max amount of damage more often, would the same amount of ATK be needed at level 1 to hit for max damage every time, as a level 50? In other words(if it were possible, and I'm pretty sure its not) if a level 1 had 500 ATK and this allowed him to hit for max damage every time, would he, at level 50, hit for max damage every hit if he still had 500 ATK? Does it require more ATK at higher levels to be able to hit for max damage more often, or does it remain the same? If anyone has any information regarding this, please share! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tappin; 10-26-2010 at 01:08 PM..
Old 10-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
main hand = (dmg*2)+8
off hand = dmg*2
Is this true only for 1H weapons? With a 2H slasher, I've noticed damage increase at every level after 28.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Closed Thread