Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-29-2021, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I'm interviewing them, my first question is gonna be...

"Ok, first of all, I need to know if you're one of those corporations that embraces the degenerate SJW bullshit culture because I don't want to work around any of those losers; I prefer to work around people that are driven to succeed, not around people driven to be "accepted, and inclusive" at the cost of productivity and company profits. This isn't a fucking charity, you know?"
to be honest most of my job interviews were the interviewer asking me the inverse question
Old 07-29-2021, 07:14 PM
Banned

Protip: An interview is about you interviewing the company; not the other way around.

You do realize that they're the ones profiting off of you, and thus need you more than you need them, don't you?

I don't even know where employers came to the conclusion that this shit matters. It's like they're at a spot where they've struggled and scrimped and saved and clawed their way into a position where they can afford to hire someone who is a net drag as a charity case.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 07-29-2021 at 07:16 PM..
Old 07-29-2021, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right? I could sue them like a litigious merchant on grounds that their degeneracy violates my religious freedoms.

Fucking based
The rules are there for a reason and if you would feel bad about using them, that's your own choice.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Protip: An interview is about you interviewing the company; not the other way around.

You do realize that they're the ones profiting off of you, and thus need you more than you need them, don't you?
It depends how specialized the employee is. If anyone can do the job then yes, the owner is profiting off you but they can find another monkey to do it too. Its just an annoyance having to go through all the paperwork and training. So yeah I need employees but its not too hard to find a new one.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Also, sounds like its actually happening? Biden to allow eviction moratorium to expire Saturday

Those landlord/tenant attorneys are gonna be WORKING on Monday.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, sounds like its actually happening? Biden to allow eviction moratorium to expire Saturday

Gonna be a lot of systemic racism gettin' dun on Munday
Old 07-29-2021, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

9th circuit 'bout to get a whole dose of American immigrants. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They all live in RVs near the hospital down here, I wonder why.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

thought it was hard to get lumber now just wait till the pestilence phase of the tribulation kicks in https://apnews.com/article/business-...d2a70fb7505336

or is it perhaps a covert attack against us in the "world war 3: the secret wars" that we're currently in and dont know it, like a covid 2 but this time an invasive species that eats all the trees... send the tree eating bugs!
Old 07-30-2021, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
9th circuit 'bout to get a whole dose of American immigrants. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They all live in RVs near the hospital down here, I wonder why.
People park by the hospital in RVs because no one can make them leave
Old 08-02-2021, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am having a hard time understanding the housing market.

I often hear this one response when someone points out that millennials can't afford to buy one:

But.. Am I the only one that is like, wait we're at maximum occupancy here? There are more people than homes can be built? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Like...

Are we at a lack of supply because we could have many more houses than we have, but we just wont build them?

Or are we at a lack of supply because we're reaching maximum occupancy and no mater how you shake it, we're screwed?

I just seem to think that if we have more demand than we have supply of homes, that it's not a solvable solution.

Do we think that new towns are going to open up in Nebraska and that will solve the housing issue?

I just dont see how supply of homes being a problem can just be fixed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The dirty dollars that you use to purchases houses have been devaluing at a rate of about 7% per year on average for the last several decades. As a scarce asset, housing tends to hold its value better than fake notes printed by pernicious entities. This means that a house selling for $200k ten years ago will command a price of roughly twice that today even without an increase in demand precipitated by investors looking for a place to park the rotting dollars dumped on the market since March of last year.