Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-01-2013, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

Default Charmed npcs do too much damage

This one is hard to prove, however I have a midlevel enchanter here and on eqmac. My 28 enchanter here just destroys Mistmoore, whereas, my enchanter on eqmac also destroys everything, but his pet does not do nearly as much dps. NPCs hit for max on other npcs WAY too often here, and backstab in particular seems to be an issue.

No real way to verify this other than suggesting the devs make enchanters on eqmac. No patch notes ever spoke about a general npc ac/atk change, so I have to imagine it's classic.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

wouldn't be that hard to prove really. charm the same NPC on both servers, have them fight the same NPCs, keep logs, and parse them afterwards.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:09 AM
Aviak

melee damage in general on p99 seems a bit higher than it was on live, mostly I think, due to the distribution of hits with too many being in the upper half of the damage range
Old 07-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Sarnak

Like Adam9242 says, if there is an issue it gotta be because NPC's hit a tad better on EMU servers.

It was first much later in game that they added a diminishing dps on charmed pets, because somewhere between Luclin and PoP, NPC's began to be designed around that you would always have a slower in group to slow them between 50 and 80% so they were redicolous OP'ed dps when charmed and hasted.

Just be glad that it works so well here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Charm nerf is a month or so into gates of discord because of how crazy mob dps got and how it was being used to trivialize content
Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm nerf is a month or so into gates of discord because of how crazy mob dps got and how it was being used to trivialize content
Charming a quad flurry 1100 hitting trash mob was overpowered?! Lies and slander.

Back on topic, AC values are what might be an oddity. We have the formula for determining Min-max range, and the values in between, what I don't remember us having was the actual AC values for mobs, or how to calculate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Banned

Post logs here vs logs there.

And by logs I mean like 100 fights of each server.

Probably want to make some text files and link them in here rather than [/quote] blocks :P.

But I do totally agree, seeing a dual wielding froglok quadding for spam 120s in Seb feels classic in absolutely no way.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

hmm charmed mobs for me seem to be doing classic dps- played enchanter all though EQs early years and I never noticed them being stronger in any significant way here (other than the fact that caster pets are WAY stronger here, due to non-classic spell casting AI)

Like others have said, mobs in general may just be hitting for slightly more- so obviously if you charm a mob hitting for slightly more than on eqmac, and send it against a mob with the same hp value, it will die faster here.

This issue will be difficult to address without an enormous amount of data mining, and some seriously deep research into the subject.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Banned

Charm lasting too long on npcs close in level to the caster can be proven at the same time as running damage parses. Shouldn't take more than 4 nights of parsing and solid EverQuest play.

Furthermore, charming mobs in fear and hate is WAY too reliable even for necros and druids.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

I would be very curious to see AC logs in general from EQ mac, preferably from a low level player who is not subject to the various AC caps that Verant implemented because they suck at itemization. My gut feeling is that AC is not implemented properly here. I did some AC tests and my enchanter mitigated within like 20% of my warrior. The big difference is that the enchanter got hit way more. 1000AC vs 650AC.

The charm data from EQMac is worthless though IIRC. AFAIK Charm was revamped (and actually made stronger!) in PoP and then eventually charmed pet damage was nerfed because it was getting out of hand.

Realistically I think it's impossible to say much concrete about classic durations unless someone has logs. Nirgon says charm is too good in the planes, yet it's easily possible to dig up posts of people doing just that. My personal opinion (based mostly off of Xornn's Enchanter Guide) is that charm is probably weaker here than live. It would be interesting to try and measure channeling skill though.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard