Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 03:25 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just to clarify.. this has to do with a mob that is already spawned. We have a plan in place that we are announcing shortly that will deal with mobs that haven't spawned yet.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 07-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Orc

Yea, this is why i loved playing on PVP server. Had a problem? you could solve it yourself.

Personally i think that if any guild gets in there and can get the kill, they deserve the kill. If a guild is willing to camp out a spawn and can get the players there before anyone else to secure that camp spot / spawn then so be it.

If you can't do the same then I don't see why other players should let you have a chance.

I believe that even in worst case scenario, you have 3 guilds waiting in zone for the pop watching, whoever can mobilize first and get the kill should get it. I think it would be fun to have 3 guilds hittin on the mob just to see who ends up with the kill and loot.

For example, earlier on the server our group was camping MM tunnel area, guy spawned with Crested Mistmoore Shield, we wiped trying to pull him and when we got back there was a high level mage working through the tunnel (respawns popped on us when we pulled).

I sent him a tell and politely asked if we could have the spawn because we were there for 3h+ and wiped on him and he said sure and let us have it and just passed it by which was really nice of him. If he decided to take this mob, what could we really have done? sit there, bitch and whine? petition a GM?

Nothing gives us the right to that mob in our opinion, I actually expected him to take it but it doesn't hurt to ask!

I mean, yes it helps if people respect camps and the CC checks work great and everyone has an understanding of that kind of play style. If your a dick and just rob peoples camps all the time then the players will know and hopefully outcast you properly.

I'm more of a "hey, lets all work together and down this boss and share the loot with /random" if other guilds showed up and i was leading one of the parties there, but I think its dumb if you have a guild camping or "in queue" to kill the mob and a guild is sitting there ready to go and some kinda superficial player rule is holding the guild that is ready back from the kill.

Just my mentality from playing on PvP servers, maybe I'm a little jaded...

Thats my 2 cp anyway!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:32 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's say on topic. Obviously this is not a pvp server and pvp solutions are pointless to post here, I've already deleted one post about it.

We're talking about a mob that's already spawned. Don't worry about a mob that hasn't spawned yet.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 07-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Kobold

If there is a plan for future spawns it should apply to an already spawned mob as well...

I fail to see a reason why you shouldn't apply whatever new rules are coming to the current situation. If they cant deal with a spawned mob what CAN they deal with lol?
Old 07-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaiyah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there is a plan for future spawns it should apply to an already spawned mob as well...

I fail to see a reason why you shouldn't apply whatever new rules are coming to the current situation. If they cant deal with a spawned mob what CAN they deal with lol?
I believe Rogean was talking about whether a mob was literally "spawned" as in up/alive versus poopsock camping.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaiyah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Stay on topic. This post contributes nothing but your opinion.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

/random 100? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Kobold

On Tarew Marr, most guilds, followed a first to engage policy. Once, on a Zlandicar raid we totally engaged at the same time, so it became a KS thing. There were no hard feelings between the guilds...at least not nearly as bad as we have on P99 at the moment.

There was always at least 1 guild, that would leapfrog and try and KS, it's just something that happened, and was rarely that big of deal. The other guilds simply always prepared for it. When we saw them in zone, we'd be prepared for the boss kill, with buffs and mana, at anytime.

Rarely did GM's intervene, and when they did...they would follow a first to engage scenario.

Something like NToV was always...first to kill Aaryonar (sp?) got rights to NToV.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumamgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never had GMs enforce any sort of leapfrogging rules for single named (ie: trash clearing in Fear or clearing down to the Royals in Chardok, etc). There were only two cases on EMarr where there were leapfrogging standards that were upheld by GMs: NToV in Velious and Vex Thal in Luclin. In both cases there was a "key mob" that once killed was considered claim to the rest of the wing/zone. For NToV it was Aary, and for VT it was Blob 1.
Pretty much my experiences in classic. In progression on one ever cared about "rights mobs" it was a complete free-for-all.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:09 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by snifs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was always at least 1 guild, that would leapfrog and try and KS, it's just something that happened, and was rarely that big of deal. The other guilds simply always prepared for it. When we saw them in zone, we'd be prepared for the boss kill, with buffs and mana, at anytime.
Don't confuse people now. Theres leapfrogging, and theres KS'ing. KS'ing is actually attacking a mob after another guild ALREADY engaged it and out dps'ing them to get the kill. Leapfrogging is running past a guild that has been preparing to kill the mob / did the trash clearing to a mob to engage the mob first.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread