Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 04:38 AM
Aviak

Default Low level Paladin armor

Just started on the server with a buddy and made a dwarf paladin which I promptly moved to freeport since my buddy rolled dark elf. Now I'm kind of in a bad place because all the armor that drops doesn't fit me.

I've gotten together a little plat, but curious if there's anything better I should be looking for other than bronze. It's gotta be on the cheap since I just started, but I don't want to regret spending my wad on bronze when something else would be similarly priced and better.

Any ideas?
Old 06-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Kobold

Bronze and banded is pretty much it until you get "real" amour which is going to cost a ton more, relatively. You can't go wrong spending everything you have on banded/bronze.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Banned

You can loot small bronze in Highkeep starting at level 20 in the goblin basement... or buy banded/bronze in EC at 1pp/AC. It's not easy finding an armorsmith most of the time but on the weekend like this, you shouldn't have to look more than an hour or two.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

ya classic paladin armor progression is (basically)

cloth -> raw hide/leather -> banded -> bronze -> valorium

You could toss other things in there but not really worth it in my opinion. Approximate levels to start acquiring these are probably like

1 -> 7 -> 13 -> 20 -> 46

(That's half made-up and based on no twinking or random high level person handing you stuff)

Oh and armor of ro too I guess. That's probably not worth it, but a tiny bit better than bronze if you feel like questing them.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

Ro armor is a lot better than bronze. However, the difficult part is actually finding someone selling it or questing it yourself, as the quests are much more difficult than most of the mid tier armor sets like crafted / lambent