Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pvp resists here are not intended to be classic.
Damn, that really sucks.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pvp resists here are not intended to be classic.
I appreciate your work but I just don't understand this. Why do you think your resist system is better than classic? Classic resists were at least kind of balanced, here there's almost no point in rolling a melee unless you're insanely twinked. Because of this most high-end content is going to be impossible to get through. Like I've said before, good luck getting past isle 4 in sky with no melees and a dozen druids.

I just feel like it delegitimizes the server and turns off a lot of potential new players when they find out that the strategies they could have used in classic don't work here. It promotes completely skill-less pvp where players need their opponent to be standing still to kill them. It's also unfair for melees like I said, and I don't see how making things non-classically harder for classes that already have lots of trouble soloing is a good idea.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 05-19-2012 at 03:43 PM..
Old 05-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Banned

Op filled with furious rage
Old 05-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Op filled with furious rage
Old 05-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate your work but I just don't understand this. Why do you think your resist system is better than classic? Classic resists were at least kind of balanced, here there's almost no point in rolling a melee unless you're insanely twinked. Because of this most high-end content is going to be impossible to get through. Like I've said before, good luck getting past isle 4 in sky with no melees and a dozen druids.

I just feel like it delegitimizes the server and turns off a lot of potential new players when they find out that the strategies they could have used in classic don't work here. It promotes completely skill-less pvp where players need their opponent to be standing still to kill them. It's also unfair for melees like I said, and I don't see how making things non-classically harder for classes that already have lots of trouble soloing is a good idea.
Guess you arn't a complete dumb fuck.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nice to agree on something, even if its as glaringly obvious as this.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Classic resists were at least kind of balanced, here there's almost no point in rolling a melee unless you're insanely twinked.

In my opinion, as a melee main, melee are already more powerful then casters and we are not even at kunark yet. Its only going to get worse.

Null's custom resist system is good for the long term balance and health of the server.

Does someone here really think that the top meele on this server are weaker then the top casters???? AND we are just in classic and sky is not even out yet.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Banned

a geared melee will wreck a caster up. not sure whats the problem.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my opinion, as a melee main, melee are already more powerful then casters and we are not even at kunark yet. Its only going to get worse.

Null's custom resist system is good for the long term balance and health of the server.

Does someone here really think that the top meele on this server are weaker then the top casters???? AND we are just in classic and sky is not even out yet.
argues for classic in multiple threads, says resists need to be custom, moran detected
Old 05-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Default noelm

sup negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
O man I had this strange feeling I was gonna get quoted on that post from back on the day on EQcleric!

Not gonna lie reading this post and hearing I could play a cleric again and actually hurt ppl is tempting. I will say back on Rallos Zek the only class I could routinely curbstomp solo were naked wizards -- which happened to be a fairly common encounter. Basically anyone else and all I could do solo was just be ridiculously hard to kill.
Closed Thread