Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Orc

Default Rogue Race

Suggestions? I had a pimpin' dwarf rog over on SoD and was really considering remaking my rog to dwf here too; but noticed they can't use hero bracer. I know that 1 item really shouldn't deter the entire class choice but 10 str would be nice (I know I can get the player crafted 5str/3dex bracers) especially since rog dmg is based on str ya? The starting STR they get is nice (I know barb's is better but I don't want a barb rogue). Any suggestions from top end rogues (or people with experience) would be appreciated. Also if you could toss in some logic behind your choice.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

Barb or dwarf. Higher str and sta, dex isn't an issue because dex only affects procs and you don't want that as a rogue until much much later.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Banned

Barbarian, slam, interrupts.

Dwarf otherwise, because Dwarves are the master race.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:40 PM
The Protector of Sunder

You won't worry about procs much later on anyways, the bulk of your damage will always come from BS so long as you're able to get a decent weapon. This is compounded after Kunark releases once you get disciplines.

Whichever race you choose, STA is the hardest stat to max out and survival = more overall damage. Getting to 255 STR raid buffed is cake and Kunark is only going to make this easier so I'd suggest going with either one and sinking all of your points in STA/STR.

Again the quicker you get your STR maxed the more you can spend gathering items with + STA and + HP (based on which gives you more overall HP).

If you don't care about raiding, just pick a race you like the look of. Remember you can always turn into a DE.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Aviak

Halfling +XP!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-09-2011, 01:36 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to xnolanx Send a message via Yahoo to xnolanx

i went halfling on my choice from creation as well.... and i too noticed the hero bracer halflings/ small sizes in general can't wear which was a major bum considering, i bought the bracer on my main...... tried to equip it, and couldn't and asked for a SERIOUS refund right there on the tunnel after i bought it seconds later... so believe me i feel you.. and i do notice a slight 10 or so damage higher than me in combat spam, but you just have to think about what you want to play and what race is your favorite... but also , im slightly drunk, i would play any class halfling just because it is 100% my favorite race of all
Old 03-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Banned

never understood how anyone could play a halfling or dwarf. they're fucking midgets.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Banned

gnomes on the other hand
Old 03-09-2011, 02:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemethor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
never understood how anyone could play a halfling or dwarf. they're fucking midgets.
Yea, but they aren't scary like irl midgets.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:25 AM
Banned

they're sexy like little children
Closed Thread