Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-13-2017, 02:34 AM
Large Rat

Default Technical issue, would love "live" help

Been trying to get p99 to work on a new computer for a couple days now.

Everytime I try to start up I either get "0.00.. unable to read 0.00.." or "Windows was not able to detect eqgame.."

I have tried following forum guides, youtube guides and internet source guides. The game have been installed 3 times by now.

I have read through, and followed, guides describing the problem from this forum. None of those have worked, neither changing shortcut address, doing the command prompt to allow for administrator rights, cleaning computer for corrupted files, reinstalling, changing compatibility etc..

Sadly, with my inferior computer skills, i can not seem to overcome this particular problem.

There is no doubt that it is some dumb little thing that I have either clicked or not clicked, or some setting on the computer, or - most likely I who are being ignorant.

Would anyone with a master in patience, a minor in computer and a heart of gold, be available for a skype call in the near future?

Please let me know and we can set up a "date" /wink. In advance I apologize for my rather bad annunciation of my spoken english.

/regards
Last edited by HullPaTeChoope; 08-13-2017 at 02:51 AM..
Old 08-13-2017, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Install EQ outside of your Program Files folder. If you've already done this, or if it still doesn't work after doing this, try adding an exception for eqgame.exe in your antivirus settings.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:31 PM
Large Rat

Tried those as well. Thanks for your reply though, appreciate it.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Got a working copy on another computer? EQ folder is portable if you set it up to play in windows mode. Just pop on a flash drive and transfer to new PC

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-13-2017, 05:19 PM
Large Rat

I had not tried that *smacks forehead*

This "solved" the problem, well the problem still remains hehe..

But i am now able to log onto p99. I thank you dearly kind Sir/Siret
Old 08-13-2017, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Keep it on you desktop. Then just open folder type lau enter and you are in. You will need to adjust for newer monitor but easily done. Glad it worked for ya.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-13-2017, 05:31 PM
Large Rat

Others might experience the same problem getting p99 to work, I was lucky i had a working copy on another computer.

This thread can be locked/deleted if modulators wish to, yet I still do not know why I could not set up p99 on a new computer.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

Hope to /duel you all in game =)