Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just camp on the island, login every so often and see whats going on, there might be a line, there might not, the spawn might be up with nobody there (this DOES happen every so often) in which case you just kill him and you're done!
Can confirm: I've (twice) seen people take the camp (the PH not the named) from no one at all, either in the evening on a week night or on a weekend ... and that's just the times someone camp check-ed fist (I wouldn't even know about the times someone just showed up, saw no one was there, and took it).

To be fair I was spending a fair amount of time on Seafury Island, but the point is if you're patient enough (and maybe settle for short lines instead of holding out for no line) it will happen.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...and sell your sow pots with 1 charge left in a 10 dose. You'll save some plat that way, if you're buying at 100pp
That's good advice here, if you get sow pots.

Regarding the comparison of sow pots to jboots, perhaps from a cost perspective it would take a long time to get your money out of jboots, but the thing is there's many advantages to having an insta cast runspeed boost.

IMO they are worth 6-7k. Camp it yourself, or buy the MQ. The jboots never need to be bought again, it's a nice convenience to not have to constantly buy sow pots, or make them yourself. I got a 55 shaman, can make the pots myself and on toons I really enjoy, I still buy jboots for them.

Jboots can be used as a junk buff too.

Regarding players selling jboots:

The people doing Jboot MQs are too invested to "take you for a ride," basically if they got a guild tag and are high enough level to farm the pieces needed for jboots, they aint trying to get suspended off the game.

1. Buy from a guild tagged seller.

2. Ask to see the ring, rapier, etc., if you feel something isn't right.

It's not as dire as you make it sound. If you simply can't be assed to monkey with a jboot camp, just find a way to get the plats to buy them.

Many sellers are selling for 6k now too, so that's a plus!
Old 05-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Don't bother with sow pots. Camp the gazughi ring, sell it, buy jboots. Eventually they will pay for themselves over the pots and the convenience/insta clicky/junk buff factor is way better. As far as I'm concerned, sow pots are only useful for long bits of traveling at higher levels.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Kobold

I'd just use SoW pots and ignore jboots for now. I always viewed jboots as a QoL/luxury item. Saves the trouble of dealing with item charges and having to hit up EC frequently, instant click for when you need another junk buff outdoors, using it when you're only running a small distance before you can just get a SoW from a SoW class (the run from HH->ramp in OT) etc.

I don't know what level you are, but levels make plat farming exponentially easier. You can also make a lot of platinum while leveling. I don't know what class you play, but leveling by killing guards from 25->40+ should give you enough money to buy a jboots MQ or put you very close. However, I'd advise against buying a jboots MQ and putting that money toward SoW potions and high impact items like a weapon, haste item, focus effect, or clicky.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm: I've (twice) seen people take the camp (the PH not the named) from no one at all, either in the evening on a week night or on a weekend ... and that's just the times someone camp check-ed fist (I wouldn't even know about the times someone just showed up, saw no one was there, and took it).

To be fair I was spending a fair amount of time on Seafury Island, but the point is if you're patient enough (and maybe settle for short lines instead of holding out for no line) it will happen.
Similarly, I've been the only person in Sro during AC spawn time before. It's not always swamped.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

The game is very playable without jboots.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game is very playable without jboots.
Not only that, but with velious plenty of stuff will still chase you down even with jboots.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are smart you'll listen to my advice rather than obsessing over an item that is more work acquiring (in the current state of this server) than it's worth.
It's reasonable advice, but jboots also act as a non-equip clicky and junk buff. Which is great for certain situations, especially for a necro. Resetting the cast GCD is super helpful. Words of Darkness are also pretty rad for the same reasons and can also be used in doors.

SoW pots are a work around to an overcamped item, but don't under estimate them. They're still a great item to have in your bag of tricks.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

If you really enjoy the character, buying jboots is worth it. They will eventually pay for themselves over the long run compared to sow pots which are a plat sink over time.

Is game playable without jboots, yes of course it is.

Is it more enjoyable having a clicky runspeed boost item that can endlessly be clicked, that also provides you with a junk buff and spell refresh affect too? Yep it is.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

I don't see why people just don't click their SoW Katana. Yeah, yeah it has a cast time, but it's way faster and lasts longer.
Closed Thread