Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corydon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright. So, there was this guy 2 days ago in East Commonlands. He picked me up at Nektulos zone line to bring me to his group at Orc Camp 1. He was nice and all but he was running at insane speed. I was SoW'ed and still couldn't keep up with him by far. He was kind of mini-teleporting in the direction he ran, so it was not a smooth running. He was a cleric (however he was way faster than the fastest bard I ever saw).

So I ask him what was going on with his run speed and he replied he didn't know. Sometimes he would be insanely fast and sometimes he would be really slow, he said.

Well, I still don't know what the truth is but it definitely is an exploit or even cheat running THAT fast. He could have agroed the whole zone (he was level 6) and still run away safely.

If you guys think this is worth reporting I can post his character name.
Sounds more like a multicore issue than a hack, he just needs to set his core affinity.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Duxa installer definitely good to get the "run from single core" thing going on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds more like a multicore issue than a hack, he just needs to set his core affinity.
^ This.

on rare occasions, someones character will run at Max Speed (faster than bard). Again - this happenes rarely. I notice it is caused by two things: first is the multicore CPU issues (as mentioned) and the second thing is Laptop Power Performance settings - ensure your laptop is on max performance or else that may cause it also.

my friend had it happen to him once, and sure enough he got petitioned immediately and GM's suspected him of hacking but luckily it was resolved without coming to that.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you sure your graphics where stuttering and making it seem like he was faster cause of dual core issue where it speeds stuff up?

100% sure that *my* graphics were not stuttering. I don't have any issues with EQ at all. If *his* graphics were stuttering because of an dual core issue, he still shouldn't be able to zip through a zone in lightspeed.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ This.

on rare occasions, someones character will run at Max Speed (faster than bard). Again - this happenes rarely. I notice it is caused by two things: first is the multicore CPU issues (as mentioned) and the second thing is Laptop Power Performance settings - ensure your laptop is on max performance or else that may cause it also.

my friend had it happen to him once, and sure enough he got petitioned immediately and GM's suspected him of hacking but luckily it was resolved without coming to that.

If this is the case, then so be it. I didn't want to call out his until this has been kind of resolved. If you guys think this is not a cheat/exploit, well then...
Closed Thread