Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Orc

Red face What are your characters Magic:TG colors?

Say you played Magic the gathering EDH format.

If your main character (or any that you'd like to build a deck around) was a magic the gathering deck, what colors and archetype would that characters deck be?

For Zorrin, my lvl 36 Necro.
My deck would be Black, Blue and White.
With a lot of curse cards that deal damage to my opponent each turn and/or give me life each turn.
like Stab Wound
And Ajani's Mantra
Then cards that help me get rid of options my opponents might have against me such as Jace's Erasure
, Breathstealer's Crypt
, Liliana's Caress
and Words of Waste / Waste Not

as far as creatures, as you can immagine this deck would be a zombe deck that focuses on powerful zombie creatures and enchantments to grow my army and pull any who were destroyed back into the battle. such as

Endless Ranks of the Dead,
Grave Titan
and Ghoulraiser,Reanimate

This gives you a good idea of what i am asking, What kinds of Decks would represent your Characters and/or why. Have fun with it guys. I look forward to seeing what you guys would have in mind. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2014, 11:15 PM
Orc

Default hmm maybe i should

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Banned

I care very much. My most successful deck back in the day were white and green, black and red, or straight red. In that order. White and green use to be able to usually win by simple attrition. Red, black was always go for the throat. Idk, I favor rogue archetypes, but I was always a great healer or paladin.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

I own 17 EDH decks. Out of all of them I'd have to say Loramin (my main, Barbarian Shaman) is most like my Red/Blue/White Zedruu the Greathearted deck.

Zedruu's power is to give permanents away, and some of the time I actually give useful stuff, which is sort of like giving heals/buffs. Other times though he gives away terrible permanents (eg. Illusionary Grandeur: cumulative upkeep, and when you can't pay it you lose 20 life), and then it's more like he's giving DoTs.

However if Loramin was the commander, he'd probably be white/green/black (white for heals, green for buffs, black for DoTs).
Old 09-19-2014, 02:38 AM
Planar Protector

I play a necro level (20 ish?). IRL I have a graveborn deck. Seems legit.

I play other games like VtM: Bloodlines, and became a vampire in Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and ESO. I have a black/red vamp deck IRL. Seems legit.
Last edited by FoxxHound; 09-19-2014 at 02:40 AM..
Old 09-19-2014, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

I played Magic for about 9 months with people I knew at uni. "EDH" was just one of those things that got talked about and I never knew what it meant.

I used to hate blue decks built around certain mechanics though, and enjoyed a black/white combo a little too much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread