Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Help with FFXI classic petition

Hello Project 1999 community,

I am currently in the process of requesting a classic server for the game final fantasy 11, this is a request that follows a similar line of thinking to this project but in hopes that it can be officially supported. The two games were pretty similar, at least in the respects that they're the same type of old school mmo that doesn't really exist on the market anymore. Maybe there are even a few ffxi fans out there among you everquest guys, ether way it would be great if anyone would show their support for this kind of thing by signing my petition.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/ffxiclassic

I believe this is an ok place to put this... off topic..
Old 09-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Sarnak

the grind in that game far and away put EQ to shame, forced grouping, hours spent LFG if you weren't a support class, can't solo unless beastmaster, loved that damn game.

Want to be an optimal thief? Thief/Ninja!!!! how does one do this magical thing? Best sub for a Ninja is Warrior since you're a tank so level that, oh but the best sub for a Warrior is a Monk so level that first.

Level Monk to 15 get subjob question done.
Level Warrior/Monk to 30 to unlock Ninja advanced job.
Level Ninja to 37...
Now you can finally level a Thief congrats!

Oh and each time you switch jobs you have to sell all your stuff the other class cant use to make room cause unless you're in a LS who can help you with the missions to get more bag/bank room you're gimped in terms of space. Also noted that the if you were able to put in 40+ hours a week the above process would've only taken you around 2 years depending on LFG success.

Cheers~
Old 09-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

I remember playing ffxi not long after it came out. I don't remember a whole lot about it except that it was absolutely brutal. I thought it was going to be something I could play a little more casually after I got married. NOPE!

I made it to 20 as my primary class (can't remember which one I picked) and then I found out what Priceline was saying. Everything I had was worthless for my secondary class. I think I quit after that.

I would love to try it again though.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:47 AM
Sarnak

There are a few private FFXI servers available but only 2 have a "decent" amount of players. Top server has approximately 125~ pop at daily peak and the other one probably has like 45. Some people probably box and still have that low pop
Old 09-16-2014, 02:16 AM
Banned

whats the name of the 125 one? might give that a try
Old 09-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Sarnak

the two are nasomi and ffera. ffera was more popular when i saw it, but seems pretty low right now. maybe theres more at other times of the day. no way of knowing how many are on nasomi unless you get it installed and log on to check yourself. i did see 45 on there when i randomly logged on though.

dont expect anything like p99 though. i wish there was something like p99 for ffxi, i'd be all over it.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wish there was something like p99 for ffxi, i'd be all over it.
Same here, as much as I'd hate doing that grind again I really miss those days. Played a Redmage mostly and that was some serious fun times, kinda hate the fact that MMO's nowadays don't have true support classes.. everyone can CC, everyone can buff/debuff, and a more recent trend being everyone can heal (themselves at least).
Old 09-17-2014, 01:33 AM
Sarnak

yeap. been looking for an mmo to play for the last 10yrs, probably like everyone else here. just downloaded archeage but will most likely get bored of it since i don't know anyone else playing
Old 09-22-2014, 07:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Some of the best times I had in an MMO I had in FFXI.

My favorite class to play was DRG/WHM. Two friends and I formed a trio, one was a BST, one was a PuP. We wrecked stuff up. No one ever believed me that my wyvern could main heal in small party situations. Time and again I proved them wrong. God I loved that game.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

I loved merit burn parties as my war/nin with 19% haste, adaberk while boxing an out of party whm for heals & haste.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread