Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

$200 for a denali????? Its only a fleece jacket, wtf?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Banned

You could spend money on a jacket that actually keeps you warm.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

North Face used and still does make technical outerwear. That being said the majority of what you find in the store is probably not what you're looking for. It really depends on what you want to do with the Jacket.

If you want to walk around outside in a city and look good when it's cold. North face is for you. I used to love the old NF stuff before they started marketing to the puffy jacket crowd.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX0621 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We used to laugh at all the people who would come in looking for that. It's not a bad jacket, if it serves the functions you're looking for. It was just the "it" jacket for anyone 15-25 or so. It didn't matter what they were looking for, or needed, they just wanted to be seen in that particular jacket.

It's basically just a 300 wt Polartec fleece. Any knockoff or equivalent will keep you similarly as warm, and most likely be a lot cheaper. The Denali has a couple things going for it though. The nylon blended areas around the shoulders are nice, especially if you're a student or carry a backpack/shoulderbag often, it won't wear out/pill the fleece in those areas. The nylon is also give you some water repellency.

Also, unless they changed it on the new models, they should have under arm vents, or "pit zips" as we referred to them. This will allow you to regulate your temperature, especially if you're doing any more strenuous or aerobic activities. Just open the vents, and cool down.

Lastly, the Denali was designed to work with any other North Face outer shells that accept zip in liners. Find a shell you like maybe down the line, and bam, you've already got yourself a removable liner, no need to find another. Obviously it can be worn under any shell, but if you like staying with the brand, it's certainly convenient.

To sum it up, if you're just looking for a warming layer, moderately water repellent, and slightly wind blocking, and if you don't mind the price tag, it's not a bad way to go. If you've got any other questions about the Denali or questions on any others, let me know!
well im looking for something to keep me warm during fall, then like I said I want to buy the big ass winter coat with the raccoon fur on it
Old 09-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Banned

columbia. zero xposure.

I walk outside in 10 degree weather and start sweating wearing that shit.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:34 PM
Banned

oh. well if you just want a casual jacket north face is nice.

For Fall I'd buy a windbreaker. I don't know if they make windbreakers tho.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im looking at the denali hoodie one, its like $300 from what I understand and I don't mind it. I live in Chicago suburbs so it gets real cold outside. and the weather has been fucked up lately just a couple days ago it was like late November weather. so i want to have some high quality warmth. i don't want the big winter jacket yet. although i might get one later in the year. and i want to wear it around the house also with that being said it has to be one of the sweater/hoodies, so not a big coat
its still kinda cold out wtf eh