Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Comodo has pretty much everything I could ask for in a security suite package and I didn't have to pay a dime for it.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Kobold

Easiest thing to be a little safer:
Close your internet browser before logging into EQ.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Large Bat

Something that I didn't see noticed, and for most people it is common sense, but don't use your account name and password on other systems as well. for example if my game account is user-name: L33tGamer and a password of: R0xxorzB0xxorz, then I shouldn't use that same user-name and password on this website, or any website.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Aviak

where the heck do i go to change my password?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.eqemulator.org/

Click the login server accounts link on the left side. Click the change LS server password link.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 07-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Kobold

are you talking about eqemulater server accounts or p99 accounts? shortly after I got my bard corpse recovered on p99 I'm unable to log into that server account to even play on any other servers.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Orc

Default ban appeal

Hello there, My account with the character Vashti Bunyan (Druid level 49) and the monk Whisper ( Monk level 40 ) Were banned recently for alleged two boxing.
I have my account information on a small notepad on my desk at home. To my surprise, my brothers friend took down the information. ( says my brother ) and later used my character to port him and his friends. I believe this is what resulted in my ban and this has broken my heart.. I love everquest, I love project 1999 and I love to do everything in my power to enhance the servers experience. If you could please consider my appeal.. I've tried my best to get my characters the reputation, and the belongings they have. ( I will also kick the little shit out of my house, and put up my account information.. ) I had no idea any of his friends played here.

Thank you.

-Native
Old 07-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Fire Giant

You guys are too nice, if they chance it and get screwed should be there problem not ya'lls.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello there, My account with the character Vashti Bunyan (Druid level 49) and the monk Whisper ( Monk level 40 ) Were banned recently for alleged two boxing.
I have my account information on a small notepad on my desk at home. To my surprise, my brothers friend took down the information. ( says my brother ) and later used my character to port him and his friends. I believe this is what resulted in my ban and this has broken my heart.. I love everquest, I love project 1999 and I love to do everything in my power to enhance the servers experience. If you could please consider my appeal.. I've tried my best to get my characters the reputation, and the belongings they have. ( I will also kick the little shit out of my house, and put up my account information.. ) I had no idea any of his friends played here.

Thank you.

-Native
Oh damn, I haven't heard a legit 'my brother did it' excuse in YEARS!
Old 07-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Fire Giant

It just struck me that there could easily be a keylogger in a Titanium torrent. That'd be a good place to look. I'm sure most players acquire their Titanium that way, and it'd be a piece of cake for some shithead to put up a tempting torrent for hundreds of people to download and then steal an account every now and then. I have the discs and I never had any problems.
Closed Thread