Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-15-2017, 02:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default can't get past server selection.

I get back right away to login screen, have to type my password again and so on.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like a typical connection issue. Obligatory C&P:

Are there any other devices connected to your router, wirelessly or otherwise? If something else on your network is hogging bandwidth this could happen - you can find out if this is the issue by connecting to your router's configuration page and changing your network password. Could also be caused by a weak wireless connection if you're connected wirelessly. When you reset your router it's a good idea to disconnect the internet line for a good five minutes so that you'll be assigned a new IP address when you reconnect. A more drastic thing you can try is completely resetting your router, either by accessing its firmware and selecting some kind of "reset to default" option, or by pressing & holding the tiny pin-sized reset button that pretty much all routers have on the back. If none of that works, I'd call your ISP and have them run some diagnostics on your connection.

Troubleshooting connection issues with P99 can be pretty counterintuitive because everything else could be working perfectly fine - you could be connecting to other games fine, your connection could seem flawless in every other way but there could still be some weird hangup preventing you from relaying packets with the P99 servers. I don't know enough about networking to say exactly why that is, but a good starting point is your connection to the internet.

You should also make sure it's not just your computer - if you have another machine that can connect to the internet, try connecting to P99 on that. If that can connect, then you can pretty much rule out your ISP and your router, and just focus on your computer. There are lots of connectivity-related things that can happen to your computer that would interrupt your connection, such as malware or even well-intended software that is doing something your connection or configuration doesn't agree with.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:37 AM
Kobold

I'm having the exact same issue. Haven't played in about a year, built a new computer. Nothing too crazy. AMD FX(tm)-4350 quad-core 4.2GHz processor. Not sure the motherboard off the top of my head. Sure wish someone knew something about this error.

Proud to hail <Divinity>
Old 01-19-2017, 02:54 AM
Kobold

Actually I got it to work for now atleast. I messed around in my BIOS until my cpu MHz was at 4.2 (I heard that is the magical number)

Proud to hail <Divinity>
Old 01-19-2017, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually I got it to work for now atleast. I messed around in my BIOS until my cpu MHz was at 4.2 (I heard that is the magical number)
That's a coincidence.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:14 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for your answers, so far nothing is working, i try everything said above, including the CPU bios MHz, another computer, etc etc.
I'm desperate :'(
Old 01-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Now even more ridiculous, it says my password is invalid...