Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Txevu Zun gives you the Signet of Command to request the Tacvi instance. That was probably the best scripted fight in GoD. Extremely difficult to do at level 65 only.

All the adds, the jails, the charming, the pets. Such a good event.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Thy Flesh Consumed was the best expansion of them all.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

will have plenty of time with the gap between good expansions after PoP
Old 01-21-2017, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea gotta admit not too impressed with the difficulty level of the raid targets we've tested thus far in PoP on test server. Hoping the PoTime stuff is tuned better. But honestly whatever. Even if its easy it'll still be cool to do all the content again. Plus most of the good guilds will be splitting stuff as much as possible which automatically makes it challenging with fewer numbers. Doing test raids with 60+ players isn't a good indicator when we'll likely be 3 splitting a lot of stuff with 20-30
Well the thing is with everyone having VT pretty much full VT gear and knowing all the encounters of course its gonna be easy.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the thing is with everyone having VT pretty much full VT gear and knowing all the encounters of course its gonna be easy.
Correct. Wish more folks understood this.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was in response to releasing GoD raid content massively overtuned. Yes it was a huge mistake. Once it was tuned properly the content itself was great.

NICE TRY THO
Only because its somewhat interesting here are the pop graphs for mmos including that time. Its clear that eq tanked once wow came out. The beta for wow hit around the same time as GoD release. I remember playing both in semi hardcore guilds at the time and doing GoD progression felt really frustrating compared to the new/fun WoW with solo content and lots of QoL stuff.

anyway I know you guys just want to get back to shit slinging, but here are the numbers.

Pooka (in Tipt?) Charming was the shit in GoD btw

http://imgur.com/Dt8zJ

http://i.imgur.com/0KKCR.png

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...just-for-SWTOR
Solo Kills
Old 01-22-2017, 10:46 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 01-23-2017, 02:07 AM
Sarnak

let it go Troll, let it go
Old 01-23-2017, 04:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So I'm in the middle of raiding VT and achieving our guild fastest clear time (2 hours 32 minutes 30 seconds full clear with 50 players) and I get a tell from a random noob monk. Turns out its a recent convert from P99. He asked to remain anonymous but said he read my posts and looked me up. Ended up hooking him up with 1000pp to get some starter weapons and HP rings and crap. Gave him some buffs and chatted a bit. Talked shit about BDA and how much better Phinny is in many ways. Was a good time.

What'd u guys do tonight? Any wallstaring contests?
Had a great time immersing myself with other players and not playing the antisocial version of EQ where we zone into 1 out of 10 instanced versions of a zone.

Sorry you're antisocial and don't enjoy playing in the true spirit of EQ as it was meant to be played.

If Phinny doesn't work out will you retreat to single player games like Skyrim and claim you're the best at that? (in your own version of it of course)
Old 01-23-2017, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

did you guys beat the event?

Dald can chime in to tell how far EoEs first try got to, going to try tonight again tho