Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You'd just need to agree to only kill mobs within the wing they spawn, so that trains don't kill people in the four way. Which whether you agree to this or not, it is an inevitability with Nilbog removing bind points and Haynar adding lazy aggro. May as well get used to it being a requirement to kill mobs within their wing.
source?
Old 01-19-2017, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
source?
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=155

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is still slated to be changed. I have presented what needs to be modified, and now awaiting the best way to execute it.

Changing the yes/no for binds in zone? No problem.

Changing the binds for individual players? Quite a problem, bind information is stored in player profile blobs.

We'll fix it when we can.

edit: For those curious, check out character_.profile in an eqemu db.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have a test box up that anyone could get on.

First pass its a 1000 distance chase range.

Also from eqlive. There is what look like a 24 sec timer, they will chase even out of range, starting from when you last did damage. Should they summon during this? Unknown. Probably not. I think the summon range may be tied to chase range. Getting this addition chase mechanic done complicates it. Thats why i want to get first iteration of chasing in. Then I can work on the 24 sec chase after dmg.

H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You go out of chase range. They go home. You are still on their hate list. You get in range they are coming. Only drop from hatelist at this point is the 10 min timer. Its not a FD mechanic that drops you when they get home.

I have not played with the 24 sec mechanic enough. The problem on live. Is they completely drop you at 30 sec. You dont linger if ur out of chase range more than 30 sec after doing damage. I have conflicting info how classic should be.
Quote:
More evidence points to 600 range than 1000. So when I update to add the addition 24 sec chase after dmg, will drop range to 600.
Gonna be good. I hope people remember how to pull and raid.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:57 PM
Banned

rip AM
Old 01-19-2017, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like dis
Old 01-19-2017, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Nothing gives me more pleasure on P99 than seeing mechanics brought more in line with classic mechanics.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Pras classic fixes.

Though I can think of a few ways to continue to pull mobs accross ToV. This would be more of an issue if the 1 hour lockout rules weren't in place and the methods I'm thinking of had to be coordinated during a pull that was a live FTE that could be sniped if dropped.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

ogre walls shits classic.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chest speaks of rotations...

bahahahaha. This was the best comment I've seen in a long time. The simple majesty.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chest, Breaker of Rotations.
The moment I joined FE chest stop being nice to me
Old 01-19-2017, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The moment I joined FE chest stop being nice to me
Chest and I were always on great terms until he learned I was an independent, successful man of color

Guild removed immediately