Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 10:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anowin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
G, its Lascher. We are working on getting some new officers to invite, so keep me on the friend list. I am also on sometimes as Anodine. I've had a bunch of requests from others like you to join up. Sorry for the delay my friend, and look forward to having you!

Lascher - 31 Cleric, Auld Lang Syne
Hey Lasch! Did you check your ALS forums PM's? Should make recruiting much easier..

-Rainik
Old 01-19-2017, 02:16 AM
Sarnak

Hi folks - i've had the pleasure of grouping with some great people and awesome players... all who are daring enough are welcome to roll an alt in ALS, just let one of us know, or post here and I'll jump in to grab you. Please be sure to thoroughly read our charter*

*Velious is now open to us!
Old 01-21-2017, 09:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Now Recruiting

Yes! We are now recruiting new members with a new officer corps. Thanks, Rain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Please send me, Lyghtning or Nanin/Otuden/ a tell, or send one to any Syne member online. We have recruiting ability in all major starting zones. Check out our charter at auldlangsyne.gamerlaunch.com, and give it a shot! It has renewed my enjoyment of the game 100%.

Lascher 34 cleric
Anodine 22 Enchanter
Old 01-22-2017, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

hey, i was talking about your guild with my friend on skype and he asked me a good question: do you guys allow selling stuff in the tunnel? i understand the no-buy policy and the overall concept of the guild, but is selling against your charter? (the money would be used to buy merchant stuff or tradeskill goods, obviously) just out of curiosity hehe!
Old 01-23-2017, 11:28 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default EC

Thanks for the inquiry! No, we do not allow any interaction with the outside economy. We believe the economy on this server (which was understandably unavoidable) is so far removed from how it was on Live during the same time frame, that we decided the simplest way to mimic the original experience was to eliminate trade with the general population entirely. We are always open to considering new suggestions to tweak the rules in the spirit of what we are trying to accomplish, but currently this is the way the charter reads.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Sounds good! So, what do you do with old equipment when you find an upgrade? What do you do with your money in general?

(PS: I'm not criticizing I like your concept [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 01-23-2017, 01:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default What do we do?

The same thing you do-we spend it. You'd be amazed how expensive spells are, how expensive it is to tradeskill smithing and jewelcraft, how expensive it is to just survive when you aren't handed things for free, and aren't able to purchase severely underpriced items. You gotta work for that gear. I had my trepidations with regard to your question, but I can absolutely confirm that as a 34 cleric, I still only have 200 plat to my name. Also, in theory, we create our own economy in-guild, if it becomes large enough.

Thanks for the interest!
Old 01-23-2017, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

Well, as you might guess, if I'm interested in you guys' guild it is because I am interested in this kind of gameplay, so I did actually play some characters like this and I do know how expensive merchant stuff is hehe. Also, I am guessing that you don't value money camp high vs item camp and XP camp. I can understand how you wouldn't amass tons of savings playing like this. Thanks for your answers!
Old 01-23-2017, 03:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default yes

Exactly right. For example, a fellow guildie and I (he plays a monk) recently endured the 30 hell level on up through 34 in Unrest to just get exp, knowing that we needed around level 34 to head out and adventure for our next gear upgrades. We headed over to Permafrost last night for a mammoth hide cloak and a runed circlet for my cleric, and wolf-hide slippers and piece for the purple headband for his monk. As you can imagine, these are nice upgrades for us. So, we do a balance between exp and then travelling around Norrath trying to camp items we can use and really need. Needless to say, when that cloak drops I will be far more satisfied than I would be just buying one for next to nothing.

All of you level 50+ loot farmers, please keep us in mind if we come into the zone you are farming, looking for something we need and will use from mobs appropriate to our level. Please give us a chance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2017, 10:27 PM
Sarnak

I've sold a number of items to lower level players in guild, so we're definitely creating our economy.
Closed Thread