Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-19-2017, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys, going to 3D print that barbed spear and shove it into my anus
lol
Old 01-20-2017, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Fixed the seams on the Noctivagant Blade:

before:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
after:
Old 01-22-2017, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Forgot one:

kunark two-handed sword redone (credit: QQ [handle] PG [blade]):
Old 01-22-2017, 05:09 PM
Banned

the art in EQ is why i love eq the most.. this is definitly OK with me.. the world texture pack some ppl use is not classic EQ to me..

This is up rez glory but still retains the classic look. A+ !~!!! !! ~!~!!~11``1!!~!!

Is there a fixed the zone bugs for some of these updates though? I used the last character pack and it caused me to crash on log out about 90% of the time.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the world texture pack some ppl use is not classic EQ to me..
You mean the high-resolution Trilogy textures? Those are classic as fuck - they were originally released with the EverQuest Trilogy edition during this era. For some reason they weren't included in the Titanium edition, but there is literally no reason not to use them - the original low-resolution zone textures are terrible. The hi-res zone textures also pair well with our texture pack, and we're planning on upscaling zones eventually - pretty much exactly like Chebby's upscaled West Freeport textures with a superior denoise algorithm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a fixed the zone bugs for some of these updates though? I used the last character pack and it caused me to crash on log out about 90% of the time.
Our textures will not make your client crash - we did an absurd amount of stress-testing and overhauling to make sure it won't happen. Chebby's character textures will make you crash more often, but his West Freeport textures won't.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 01-22-2017 at 06:50 PM..
Old 01-22-2017, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean the high-resolution Trilogy textures? Those are classic as fuck - they were originally released with the EverQuest Trilogy edition during this era. For some reason they weren't included in the Titanium edition, but there is literally no reason not to use them - the original low-resolution zone textures are terrible. The hi-res zone textures also pair well with our texture pack, and we're planning on upscaling zones eventually - pretty much exactly like Chebby's upscaled West Freeport textures with a superior denoise algorithm.

Our textures will not make your client crash - we did an absurd amount of stress-testing and overhauling to make sure it won't happen. Chebby's character textures will make you crash more often, but his West Freeport textures won't.
well, some of those world textures diviate from the original illustration a little too much for my taste is all. The character and weapon stuff done here doesnt, but thats just IMO

This looks alright, its pretty close to the original.. Bricks are kinda like in your face but w/e

but like this is a little too different for me. Its like HOLY bricks batman. Im like calm down its just a wall.

I think there is just too much photo real in the texture and less illustration than there should be so it doesn't capture the same feel. The character stuff itt are very much 1:1 the original texture hue/contrast/illustrative quality etc to me though.

But the world stuff so far just doesnt sit right for me what can i say.
Last edited by mickmoranis; 01-22-2017 at 07:21 PM..
Old 01-23-2017, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

Awesome work guys! Any chance of adding the iksar animation/wolf run animation fixes (http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=262117) to this package? Afaik you need to pick either retexturing or animation fix atm, would be awesome to have both.
Last edited by NextToTheGods; 01-23-2017 at 03:00 AM..
Old 01-23-2017, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextToTheGods [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome work guys! Any chance of adding the iksar animation/wolf run animation fixes (http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=262117) to this package? Afaik you need to pick either retexturing or animation fix atm, would be awesome to have both.
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godefroi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where can we download the file ?
Sorry this is not available to French players
Old 01-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Banned

I wonder how long it will take for us to figure out how to add normal maps to the client :/
Old 01-23-2017, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I wonder how long it will take for us to figure out how to add normal maps to the client :/
The later model formats used by the client (from OoW+) support normal maps. It's possible to convert zones from the old format to the new format, and gain support for normal maps that way, but it's tough to get everything about zones correct (and may be seen as cheating, since you might not be able to make the zonelines 100% the same...). Weapon models would be easier, but would require the devs to change GlobalLoad.txt to put a new-format weapon model file above all the gequip# files, to allow overriding old-format weapons with new-format ones. Animated models would be a pain.