Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 04:21 PM
Large Rat

Default Coming back to EQ... 14 years later.

Hey guys, I've been gone for a looooong time. I started a Barb Shammy. Loving it so far, the game play is awesomely brutal, just like i remember it. lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm curious where are the hot spots these days for group leveling these days?
Old 01-06-2017, 12:20 PM
Large Rat

Default Re-roll!

Well folks, after knocking the rust off with my newbie barb, I decided to re-roll my shammy(my memory isn't what it use to be[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Reading a few guides I decided to change the bonus starting stat point allotment. I realize it won't make a huge difference but min maxing is fun or something.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So far having a great time, running around naked is the best lol.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Aviak

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself!

You can get a group sometimes in Blackburrow, but the first real grouping hotspot that comes to mind would be Oasis for people in their teens. Maybe EC a little bit before that, like 8ish.
Last edited by mgriff02; 01-06-2017 at 02:39 PM..
Old 01-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Hotspots are generally Blackburrow / Crushbone / Kurns for the first bit, depending on your continent.

At 15+ (or 20+), these change to WK bandits or SK aviaks / Unrest or MM / Overthere or LOIO. Highpass Hold is also an option 15- low 20s. Upper Guk is also amazing xp if you don't mind ruining live froggy faction.

At 25+, Highpass Keep is probably one of the faster xp spots to 30 or even 35. MM continues to be good xp at 30+ too, and Sol A isn't bad either. 35+ Lguk opens up as viable, as does Sol B entrance.

40+ is CoM to 50+, then Seb, Velk's, and several other spots open, as well as deeper into Lguk / Sol B.

Think that covers most of the spots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-06-2017, 04:12 PM
Large Rat

Unrest was an old favorite of mine, I can't count the amount of times I got killed in there.
My favorite was when the group below you would leave and you would punched through the floor, then trained.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So many memories.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcuta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, I've been gone for a looooong time. I started a Barb Shammy. Loving it so far, the game play is awesomely brutal, just like i remember it. lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm curious where are the hot spots these days for group leveling these days?
It's been far to long for me as well, I'm so damn happy Project 1999 is real.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I was there at release as well one of the first rangers to get thorny vine on my server, man it was just a different world then unlike anything I had played. I just started up and it's brought back a lot of old memories. Amazing how much we stumbled around back then since there were no wiki's lol. I actually turned in my book of discord not knowing what it was when I created a character and logged in over the weekend.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orional [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was there at release as well one of the first rangers to get thorny vine on my server, man it was just a different world then unlike anything I had played. I just started up and it's brought back a lot of old memories. Amazing how much we stumbled around back then since there were no wiki's lol. I actually turned in my book of discord not knowing what it was when I created a character and logged in over the weekend.
Yeah, it was a great time. Actually having to figure stuff out. The no map feature forces you to remember things.
Closed Thread