Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Unable to move around chat windows with Velious UI

Hi all,

My issue: I can't move around chat windows using the Velious UI (not an issue with the default UI). Because of this, I'm unable to make extra chat windows because new window overlap the main window.

The main chat windows shows that it's set to unlocked. I have tried locking and unlocking it. I am able to stretch and shrink the window. I can move other UI windows around like my stats bar, hotkey bar, inventory window, etc. I've tried reloading the UI, and creating a new "velious" folder in the uifiles directory. The Velious UI appears to be loading correctly based on screenshots I've seen.

Here's some specs on my setup:

-Dell Inspiron laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon 4300 Graphics Card, Windows 7
-I am outputting the display to a BenQ 24" 1080hp Monitor via VGA cable.
-Resolution is set to 1920x1080
-I also tested the UI on my laptop without the external monitor (800x600 reso). Had the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated because having all chat in one window can be brutal (although it does remind me of '99 lol).

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2017, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure if you're actually supposed to be able to move chat windows in the classic Velious UI, but technically if you can resize them then you can move them as well. What I mean is this: Grab the left side of the chat window and stretch it all the way to the left of the screen. Now grab the right side of the char window and stretch it toward the left of the screen. You've effectively moved your chat window.

Barring that, you could also try phobus or qqui, which are both great modernized versions of the Velious UI.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if you're actually supposed to be able to move chat windows in the classic Velious UI, but technically if you can resize them then you can move them as well. What I mean is this: Grab the left side of the chat window and stretch it all the way to the left of the screen. Now grab the right side of the char window and stretch it toward the left of the screen. You've effectively moved your chat window.

Barring that, you could also try phobus or qqui, which are both great modernized versions of the Velious UI.
The classic velious UI functionality was to resize the chat window around to move it. It's working as it should be.

However, if you want titlebars so you can easily drag and drop them you'll need to go into your velious UI folder and edit EQUI_ChatWindow.xml (make sure it's not EQLSUI). Scroll to the bottom and change this flag:

<Style_Titlebar>false</Style_Titlebar>

to true. Save and reload.
Old 12-29-2021, 04:36 AM
Skeleton

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The classic velious UI functionality was to resize the chat window around to move it. It's working as it should be.

However, if you want titlebars so you can easily drag and drop them you'll need to go into your velious UI folder and edit EQUI_ChatWindow.xml (make sure it's not EQLSUI). Scroll to the bottom and change this flag:

<Style_Titlebar>false</Style_Titlebar>

to true. Save and reload.
khanable you're a legend thank you!