Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 02:15 PM
Banned

yeah the patch and gum both suffer from the methadone problem. Way stronger than what you're kicking. walking back my earlier post by saying here I have sympathy for child smokers - that's pretty rough my n@gg@.

How fucked is your health from smoking hard early? Do you feel like you can compete with normal people cardiovascularly now?
Old 01-13-2017, 04:27 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by surron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then one day my lung collapsed having sex
nearly fell out my chair, lol
Old 01-13-2017, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I grew up breathing my dad's shitty cigar smoke. The brand was Backwoods. Then around 15, 16, I started smokin dank nugglets and cigs and slowly of course became addicted to die ziggaretten. My lungs have had lifelong exposure to smoke with brief periods in my 20s now when I don't use dank (cigs are only on special occassions, like if I'm traveling or drunk on a roof top in San Francisco about to have a threesome)

I had asthma problems as a kiddo whenever I tried to do long term cardio. It kept me away from some of the SPORT I wanted to do, particularly made swimming distance difficult. I got into short energy-burst SPORT like Fencing and Rock Climbing to make up for it. I knew I was going to have to train my lungs to operate at the capacity of other people's because I was far behind in my teens, despite being an active, forest dwelling kid.

Truth be told, the childhood exposure to smoke developed something of an allergic reaction for me and this helped a great deal as I kicked cigarettes. If I smoke for several contiguous months, I get bronchitis. There's no way around it. Last time I smoked was for about 2 weeks to a month of a spliffs. Got bronchitis.

I realized when I was 20 that I needed to quit smoking. it was too detrimental to my health on the immediate front to ever be worthwhile. But since I grew up around smoking as a kid, it was engrained as a manly activity. My training taught me to slurp coffee and suck cigz and eat all the cheese at the disco.

Only by eliminating social scenes where I was destined to smoke (bars, coffee shop, outside college class), was I able to start going weeks at a time without a cigarette.

Nowadays I have no problems anywhere except drunk at a bar.

I am happy to report I am in extremely good physical condition despite a chronic irritable bowel disease.
agreed!
Old 01-16-2017, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

The easiest thing I ever did in life was quit smoking. I smoked for 23 years and was a pack to a pack-half smoker until I saw how much the state was going to raise the prices and add additional taxes.

I had two packs left and I left one pack unwrapped and marked a date of 10/25/2010 on it in marker. The other pack was open I so left the pack in my car after I smoked my final cigarette. The pack is still in my car as a reminder if I wanted to smoke again then I would smoke a six year old stale cigarette.

I got through the final smoke and all of work the next day and that turned into 24 hours. I figured if I can go 24 hours without a smoke then I could quit and not even 48 hours later, I didn't have the urge to smoke.

Do I think about smoking? Yes... Did I like to smoke? Yes... Do I feel like spending 70 bucks a week on a carton? No...
Old 01-16-2017, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

The saved money is a benefit. Been since Thanksgiving since I quit and have saved almost 800 dollars.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:16 AM
Planar Protector

you can vape a year for the cost of a months worth of cigarettes. I love my stimulants and quitting is for losers.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

smoking is gross :c not quite as disgusting as chewing (tobacco), but still :/

Kudos to all who quit or have taken up less gross activities like gaping or chewing gum ^^
Old 01-22-2017, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

yeah. I agree with a lot. I want to vape but it's more about the big amount of money you have to spend in order to get the equipment. I bought a V2 starter pack and in order to get me fill of nicotine I had to kill the entire tank.

I made this thread for people like me, who just cant seem to quit nicotine. maybe should shed some light on some myths about smokeless tobacco.

My doctor actually dips grizzly straight and has been trying to get me to switch to smokeless tobacco so That's why I wasnt so skeptical about that video.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Smoked for 5 years. malbero reds, malbero menthal, newports and self rolled filter / no filter. Maybe an occasional pack of camel wides too.

Then there came a day when I noticed my breathing was irregular and I had what felt like a 2nd breath after my first. Stopped smoking and start spitting up black, brown and yellow shit. Especially after a hot shower, it was gross.

I know how much I was spending on smokes and that they just weren't doing for me what they originally had. It had become an addiction rather then a means of relaxation and settlement. Pretty much after every meal I had to smoke.

I take tolerance breaks from caffeine for a similar reason. At a certain point your body builds up a tolerance and the effects are just not as great. I felt the damage tobacco was doing to my body and decided the minimal effect was not worth it.
I quit cold turkey after stretching a pack out across a week.

I still get urges, especially when I'm around other smokers.

ps. I've seen that video for switching to dip. Dip is no better than smoke. You're just ingesting the chemicals in a different manner.
IF it helps people quit tobacco sure good for them,. But if you're just switching one bad habit for another well. That's not good.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 01-22-2017 at 01:38 PM..
Old 01-22-2017, 02:33 PM
Banned

I can't smoke. It's physically impossible. Somethings wrong with me.

Oh wait....
Closed Thread