Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well that was specific to a level 60 tanking what was, at one point, a fucking beast of a mob.

I have no idea how well it scales to the lower levels. It may very well be that AC just isn't tuned that well for the lower level crowd.

I realize I haven't answered your question directly - I don't think there is an answer for it, though.
No, you answered my question fine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] This discussion helps increase my understanding!
Last edited by shams; 01-17-2017 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: Woops, thought my first reply didnt go through... nothing to see here.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Hmm, do you all feel there is any advantage in having a warrior in a leveling group over a SK or Pally, or even a monk? I feel like ac was what warriors had going for them and if that is debatable here, I'm just a tad discouraged.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't played a level 1 here in quite some time, but I know over on TAKP I got a full set of leather armor for my level 3 ranger and I was practically unkillable because the AC made such a huge difference! lol

I'd like to see some parses too.. Raev started some with Vindi, not sure where they ended up. Would be nice to parse the low-end game too!
You're playing on TAK too?

I saw Raev the other day during one of our Severilous attempts. His Shaman had got eaten running through EJ and needed a Rez. Such a classic experience, so immersed.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

No, shams. Pal/SKare super fantastic for subpar groups and teammates who are still learning or not paying attention. Warriors are ideal for tanking endgame content. Monks are good for everything else. It the r aeon why there are so many of them.

There are many people who feel differently though and care not so much about efficiency. They care more about consistency. A monk tanking mitigates more via avoidance, so the damage they receive comes more in spikes than win warriors. That can worry some healers ^^
Old 01-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're playing on TAK too?

I saw Raev the other day during one of our Severilous attempts. His Shaman had got eaten running through EJ and needed a Rez. Such a classic experience, so immersed.
well I don't know if I would call it playing.. I'm dinkin' around

I saw raev too. I made a toon in cabilis and he was the only person in zone. Made me chuckle.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, do you all feel there is any advantage in having a warrior in a leveling group over a SK or Pally, or even a monk?
not really, no
Old 01-17-2017, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

I think it really depends on how you level. If you solo a lot, I would go for ac (as hp will only help you at full health). On my monk I hit the soft cap of 120 item ac for my class (meaning the values of just the ac on my items, not converted ac in the UI... Warrior soft cap is higher), while I haven't parsed it I do notice a difference when I put on resist gear and miss the soft cap.

At low levels, a 55 or 65hp bonus should trump anything less than a 5ac gain, but I would not equip something that only gives 20hp and drops your ac. I would not worry about stamina as those bonuses kick in much larger at the end game.

In regards to broken ac, I heard it works in calculating properly, yet it doesn't display properly in the client. That is why I go by adding up the ac on my items to see if I'm at the cap or not.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, shams. Pal/SKare super fantastic for subpar groups and teammates who are still learning or not paying attention. Warriors are ideal for tanking endgame content. Monks are good for everything else. It the r aeon why there are so many of them.

There are many people who feel differently though and care not so much about efficiency. They care more about consistency. A monk tanking mitigates more via avoidance, so the damage they receive comes more in spikes than win warriors. That can worry some healers ^^
Ugh, thanks for the info [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-17-2017, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugh, thanks for the info [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeppers ^^ Don't let it deter you though, because like I said many people prefer the consistency of warrior mitigation and many others do not like hybrids because of low dps. You will still get groups ^^
Old 01-17-2017, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by farladar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AC is broken on this server... load up on str and HP at low level. you wont be able to get you dex high enough to make it worth while with proc weapons so just do your best to out DPS your group. Once you get into mid 30s-40's u can switch to ago weapons and build up your dex set.

Also taunt is broken.

Good luck :P
Taunt works just fine if you know how to use it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It only works if you do NOT have aggro and if it is a successful taunt, it puts you 1 hate point above everyone else.