Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Based on my parsing, AC works on this server, and works very well. I would evaluate 1AC as at least 5HP when selecting gear while leveling up.

And yeah, I'm having a lot of fun on TAKP. Everyone is much more relaxed there, and the game mechanics are a lot more challenging. Currently I'm trying to conquer Droga on a boxed 37 monk / 34 shaman and bringing out every trick in the book . . .
Old 01-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Sarnak

Big thank you to all the advice posted here!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taunt works just fine if you know how to use it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It only works if you do NOT have aggro and if it is a successful taunt, it puts you 1 hate point above everyone else.
********IF********

The mob is below level 66. That is the issue. Of the raid mobs warriors face:

VP Dragons - 66
Kael Mobs - 70 (Statue is 59)
ToV Dragons - 66 (Vulak is 70)
Dain - 70
Yelinak - 70
Cazic Thule - 70
ST Golems - 70
Zlandicar/Klandicar/Sontalak - 70

So on mobs where it's extremely important to flip back aggro to yourself with a successful Taunt on a raid, those raid mobs can't be taunted. Flurry Drakes are 65 and Dragon Guards are 60, but because we have unclassic ToV binds and no chase range, these mobs don't matter on most P99ers raids... yet.

Literally Statue is the only raid boss of any consequence outside of Kunark that can be taunted.

This is however, a classic inferiority of the ability (P99 Patch). For grouping content yep. Nothing enrages me more than a dumby tank who spam Taunt thinking it helps them when they are already tank. That just means the ability is down and cannot be clicked when a Cleric or wizard pulls aggro.
Last edited by Daldaen; 01-17-2017 at 10:59 AM..
Old 01-17-2017, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
boxed 37 monk / 34 shaman
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

There nobody to play with on Takp, so you have to play with yourself. You don't really have any choice in it :c I solo'd a ranger there a bit, but then got all hung up trying to decide what other me's to make and what to name my other selves, so I have not played for a while there :c it fun though and everyone is super nice ^^
Old 01-17-2017, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Warriors don't use taunt on raid mobs. That and this person is talking about leveling

Also, there's a difference between not working and not intended to work.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

IMO Knights are preferable tanks to wars, and monks too, in almost all group grind situations. The reason is snap aggro via spells. Actually up to 45 or so a Ranger does pretty well too. Monks are great but they don't have snap aggro.
This is extremely true early on, but gets less and less true as you approach 60. Strong end game mobs and raid targets are where wars get noticeably better.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Fortunately leveling on there doesn't take forever. Getting up into the low 50s range isn't a huge time sink and once you're in that range you can often find some groups.

The way EXP bonuses work in groups over there is way more favorable than P99/Classic was:

Quote:
1 member - 100% / 1 = 100%
2 members - 120% / 2 = 60%
3 members - 140% / 3 = 46.7%
4 members - 220% / 4 = 55%
5 members - 260% / 5 = 52%
6 members - 260% / 6 = 43.3%
So going from 3 players (maximum you can box) to 4 players everyone gains more EXP in the group. Making it advantageous to invite a solo player to your 3-man or 3-box group even if they're AFK 99% of the time.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Nice way to encourage boxing. No thank you.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors don't use taunt on raid mobs. That and this person is talking about leveling

Also, there's a difference between not working and not intended to work.
Of course they don't. Because the developers were pretty dumb until around Luclin when they realized maybe the main tanking class should have some real ways of generating aggro.

And as far as leveling goes, pre-60 it only works up to your level. So again, on mobs that it's super important to pull back aggro like a yellow or red con festering hag in Unrest it won't work.

For your run of the mill Sebilis group though yes Taunt works just fine. But in the lower level range you're often killing yellow/red cons together with your group and you'll find it to be ineffective.
Closed Thread