Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should the extra +50% experience bonus remain?
Leave the +50% active 155 86.59%
Remove the +50% 24 13.41%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Orc

I played on Rallos zek from 2000ish to 2006-7 so i am no stranger to how the grind was for EXP.

I came back now 6-7 years later with a buddy and played on p99. Grind was tough but there was no PvP and being big into that we quit. With the launch of kunark we decided to come back and play.

Already we are being turned off with just the thought of the amount of time we both have to dedicate to getting 45+. With brand new characters and an insane 35% penalty (sk/shaman which looks like will be forcing me to reroll to a warrior) the grind is absurd for this day and age. No one in their right mind should expect to retain and significant number of players unless you make getting to the populated areas much faster.

1-40 200% exp
40-50 100% exp
50-60 normal exp

something along those lines would help players not only get to 10 a lot quicker so we can ask questions, but let us go back and get gear/farm easier with higher level chars. We really want to invest time into this box but with such little available due to rl stuff, we find ourselves being drawn to other games because of the grind.

I am all for hard core, losing items, death exp, corpse run etc etc. But i cant afford to give up so much time only to see 1, maybe 2 people in a zone if i am lucky and chances are they will be twinked and gank meh.

Just my 2 cents from a possibly prospective player.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Fire Giant

its true regarding melee. im often LFG now for 3-4 hours before any groups form up and then its p much bed time.
roll an alt but the grind still sucks, especially since ive done it once now on red and about 4 times on blue.

moar bonus required for 1-50!!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

agree the above poster's XP bonus brackets p. much
Old 08-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

i would like for this to stay in, because there is currently a low player base for low lvls (30ish and under.. specifically 10 and under) and the xp helps lvl faster and catch up to the already high levled playrs...
Me and some guildies were at sisters in lfay and were getting CRAZY xp even when it turned teal! (we also pulled orc cheif old dinsuifgsd...the named fae draek, and emperor fae drakes, which dinot give nearly as much xp) not to mention it was a group of 4 people just raping those half elves... we went to unrest and xp EXPLODED. although its not classic; it does help the player base alot. maybe curve the bonus at lvl 30ish or so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

Leave it on, makes up for the server going down and groups dieing because of it. Woot Woot
Old 08-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i would like for this to stay in, because there is currently a low player base for low lvls (30ish and under.. specifically 10 and under) and the xp helps lvl faster and catch up to the already high levled playrs...
Me and some guildies were at sisters in lfay and were getting CRAZY xp even when it turned teal! (we also pulled orc cheif old dinsuifgsd...the named fae draek, and emperor fae drakes, which dinot give nearly as much xp) not to mention it was a group of 4 people just raping those half elves... we went to unrest and xp EXPLODED. although its not classic; it does help the player base alot. maybe curve the bonus at lvl 30ish or so?
theres another xp bonus currently that linearly goes down as you level from 50% at 1 to 0% at 50 i think so no need to do anything different with that
Old 08-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Agreed on all this shit. LMK when it happens or this gets any sort of dev response

I will be grinding up anyway because I have to finish the mission I started (KILL SUPREME AND NIZZARR) but I plan do so while bitching and moaning in OOC periodically about how slow it is. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Banned

leave it in for the butt hurts

perhaps they too can be try hards
Old 08-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Here's my biggest issue with Null's logic. He's saying he implemented a custom system because the classic one is "bad." however, we are forced here to endure plenty of bad things from classic such as xp penalties, op items, lack of post velious changes that were made to balance the game such as priest healing, and forced to endure the clumsy eq ui (no guild interface for example) because "that's classic." umm ok?
Old 08-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's my biggest issue with Null's logic. He's saying he implemented a custom system because the classic one is "bad." however, we are forced here to endure plenty of bad things from classic such as xp penalties, op items, lack of post velious changes that were made to balance the game such as priest healing, and forced to endure the clumsy eq ui (no guild interface for example) because "that's classic." umm ok?

I couldn't agree more.

It's very frustrating playing on a server the decides what is good classic and what is bad classic.

I wouldn't solely blame Null though, Rogean has a lot to do with the final decisions in both Red and Blue.

[ANONYMOUS] Advisor
Closed Thread